Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 30-07-2009

Can I use a sprint phone with boost mobile

Hi,

I have the Katana DLX by Sprint. Can I go and use a boost mobile sim card since it is a nextel product? I have heard over and over that your phone will be damaged. I only need a temporary phone until my full contract can get started!!!
Old 30-07-2009

Re: Can I use a sprint phone with boost mobile

No sprint phones do not have a sim card slot but some Nextel phones could possibly be unlocked to work with Boost, but since Verizon and Sprint use CDMA networking, a Boost iDEN sim wouldn't be compatible with a CDMA phone. You should try Virgin Mobile.
Old 30-07-2009

Boost Mobile is also used by the Sprint network through a telephone hybrid. It works great. The cell is part Sprint and the walkie talkie part uses the Nextel network. Even if Sprint and Nextel are the same company, they do not share the network. Boost and Nextel are identical, they use the same towers, same network, and are simply different only in its name.
Old 30-07-2009

You must either get the Katana unlocked for use with your Verizon, go with a new Sprint, or check phones that are compatible iDEN. Boost Mobile runs on two different networks, CDMA and identity. Pre Nextel Boost, it uses the same service as the towers and its parent company (Nextel) Uses.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , , ,