Thread: Samsung 240Hz LED TV + HDMI

Samsung 240Hz LED TV + HDMI

Hello Freaks,

I Recently purchased the Samsung 240Hz LED TV. I was told to get the 240Hz refresh rate that I had to get a 240Hz HDMI cable. I didn't want to throw down almost a couple hundred dollars so I passed.Now things are like the HDMI cable delivering the cable signal has nothing to do with the refresh rate of the TV. Is this really the case and can I pick up any HDMI cable?

any thoughts ?

Re: Samsung 240Hz LED TV + HDMI

They are very expensive which are able to display the 120Hz+. More often than not, 120Hz+ is used as marketing BS trying to mislead the customers.Truth is that, the 120Hz+ refers to internal motion smoothing processing, not to what signal the TV can actually accept and display.I would consider it false advertising. Consumers shouldn't have to dig into detailed specs to know the truth on what is being advertised.Most of the manufacturers hide the true refresh rate specifications deep into the product technical specifications.

I know there are still people have been conned into buying 120Hz LCD TVs with the intent of using it for 3D... only to come to the realization that the TV can only accept a 60Hz input.But Genuinely Not video, but games. Some 3D game technologies utilize a 120Hz signal along with special glasses to produce a 3D image.I'm not emphasizing the TVs are bad or don't do what they're supposed to, my complaint is that manufacturers don't always make it clear what exactly the TVs are capable of.

Your issue was going to Worst Buy. Why they are still in business, is why Wal-Mart is still around.But I know there is no existence of infinite rise time in a digital signal, and high frequency signals, sent over cables, look more like sine waves due to the roll off from the capacitance of the cable, and the greater-than-zero driving impedance of a consumer grade driver circuit. The drones at BB try to upsale, and why when they do not receive any commission, is just to push the bottom line up.

hey i have samsung 8500 led 240hz
    i just bought audioquest chocolate hdmi 120hz cord for my blu ray player-i have monster m1000 cords connected to my cable box and ps3 but i have been told by many people that audioquest cable are better than monster hence the reason i bought the audioquest for my new bluray player....anyway
    i see that monsters 1000hd cord supports 240hz if i buy this hdmi will my tv have better picture while watching tv/ps3/bluray?
    and also i experience some motion blur even while watching blurays? any suggestions on a better hdmi, change video settings? anything i really get pissed when i see the motion blur on this $4000+ tv!?!?
    please give me some helpful feedback thank you so much -dan

DVI and HDMI are exactly the same as one another, image-quality-wise. You can adjust cleartype in windows to optimize the text. Also try adjusting the sharpness of the monitor when using hdmi. The principal differences are that HDMI carries audio as well as video, and uses a different type of connector, but both use the same encoding scheme, and that's why a DVI source can be connected to an HDMI monitor, or vice versa, with a DVI/HDMI cable, with no intervening converter box.

hey anyone know the best picture settings for blu-ray movies to reduce motion blur on the samsung 8500 led?