| || |
Join Date: Aug 2006
Re: Udml Samsung omnia
Before you begin, make sure to download the Samsung Omnia UMDL and the Samsung i910 Firmware update on the right.
- TIPS BEFORE STARTING*
- Backup your data and do a hard reset to avoid any mishaps.
- Make sure your phone is more than 50% charged. It does not take long to update the firmware, but if it dies in the middle of the install, it will not come back to life.
- Be careful with overheating the battery, it will cause the phone to shut off as well.
- Do not plug the phone into the computer until you are told in step 7.
- Make sure that the active sync connections on your computer is set so to *DO NOT ALLOW USB CONNECTIONS.
- In your phone settings, switch the USB connection from active sync to sync with Mass Storage. Then turn off your phone until later.
- Open the Samsung Omnia UMDL
- Select Unified Image File (*img) and search for the samsung i910 firmware (i910WM6.1.REV10.CC20.VZW.img)
- Click the detect button
- Plug in your phone while it is still turned off.
- When you plug it in, turn on the phone.
- Your phone should have been detected and the firmware should be written to the disc. Wait for the blue highlight on the UMDL.
- It should be rebooting and you will need to setup windows again.
- To turn the GPS on, go to settings -> Phone -> GPS -> Change settings from 911 to location on.
- Soft reset the phone