Thread: How to create iphone web application

How to create iphone web application

Hey guys really didnt know where to put this thread – iphone or web dev but I thought that some developers in here would be more help. I came up with an idea for an iPhone application and created an iPhone web app but I don't know how to create iphone web application. However, I eventually want to make it into a native app. I don't mind paying for the software.

Thanks for your help !!!

Re: How to create iphone web application

You can make iPhone Web applications with Eclipse, a new set of open source tools is available to make this easier. Aptana's iPhone Development plug-in for Eclipse generates iPhone-specific projects and previews applications in a rotatable viewfinder. Joe Hewitt's iUi, a Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) and JavaScript framework, contains a grab bag of widgets and pages that emulate the native iPhone experience.

Try BBoM Usage v2.0, it is a small iphone Web Application to check your Net Traffic Quota of the SingTel BBoM package you signed up for. It draws data from SingTel's website..

It is a one touch operation after initial setup, without having to key in your details every time you check.

Registered iPhone Developers can download iPhone SDK 3.0, which includes the Xcode IDE, iPhone simulator, and a suite of additional tools for developing applications for iPhone and iPod touch. The new iPhone SDK includes a new version of Dashcode that makes it easy develop web-apps for the iPhone. If you make an unpublished web app, then make a single site browser app for the iPhone just to your webapp at first, and say an update is coming when you can, that will give u a native app just from the web app.

I have found an excellent book on Amazon that teaches how to develop Web Applications for Smartphones using PHP, MySQL and jQTouch.
    The book name is "Beginning Web Development for Smartphones: Developing Web Applications with PHP, MSQL, and jQTouch".
    The book is worth investment. Very easy to follow and is very cheap too

Here is the link:
    http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0042X9CHI