Thread: Dell 8300 laptop won't start

Dell 8300 laptop won't start

I'm having a Dell Dimension 8300 laptop on which i had install Windows Vista as my operating system. From last few days, when i try to boot up my system it won't get start. I don't know but it used to work fine previously but recently it won't boot up. Can any body tell me that why doesn't my Dell Dimension 8300 laptop won't boot up? does any body knows about it? Kindly provide me the correct solution for the above issue.

Re: Dell 8300 laptop won't start

Your psu (power supply unit) will undoubtedly be the limiting factor. Dell psu's are NOT among the best by far. When I took it to get repaired they took the battery out and put it back in and it has worked ever since.

Usually there is a jumper to clear password and one for resetting the BIOS. The alternating "A" diag LED alternating from green to amber is either a good or bad sign.It should be one close to the battery. You just have to read what is printed on the motherboard or the manual.

For that try to remove your CMOS battery on your motherboard for a few minutes. Then replace the battery, plug in and try to boot. Press the power button for a second, then move the jumper back. That should do it.

The first thing to check is the power adapter. You can try to remove one of the RAM cards it you have two. Computer will not turn on. When plugged into the AC adapter, the charging light does not illuminate.

Try re-seating the Memory Modules. Try each module one at a time, see if the problem is Isolated to one module or the other.Adapters can often appear to be working but not supplying the needed current to run the computer. Testing with a voltmeter is also not useful, they give good readings when unplugged from the computer but cannot keep up under load.

The AC adapter is putting out 16 volts. Suspect bad power supply. On the right end is the cable that connects to the motherboard.
    It pull straight up, should have a little black tape on the top of the
    connector to pull it up by. Then just get it squared up and push down to
    connect it again. If the power bar is bad, it is a cheap and easy
    replacement.