Thread: How to clear esn from HTC mogul

How to clear esn from HTC mogul

Hi,

I recently purchased a new HTC mogul. the phone is good but i am not used to HTC phones so i would like to sell it on ebay but i dont know how to clear the ESN's(Electronic Serial Numbers ) on my phone so somebody else can use them. any help would be much appreciated one more question, will i get in to any trouble from sprint or insurance company if i sell my phone after clearing the ESN.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Re: How to clear esn from HTC mogul

Clearing the ESN means calling sprint and having it released from your account. Dont try to clear ESN, and if you report it to sprint that its lost, then the person receiving the phone from you will not be able to activate it ,secondly if you file an insurance claim on this "lost" phone, and sprint finds out that you really didnt lose it, that could get you into some trouble with sprint.

If you report the device as "lost" you will not be able to have a clean ESN and the phone won't ever be able to be activated on any network.ESN records re stored by Sprint and the other CDMA carriers, not on the phone itself. There is no way around it except to talk to Sprint people.

A ESN is not something that can be fixed on the phone itself. but if you want to clear it then make sure that phone isn't linked with an account and is not in use. What max to max do is what you can perform a hard reset can be done by holding down the power button while you press the reset button inside the battery cover.