Thread: MiPhone M89 ActiveSync Help

unsure MiPhone M89 ActiveSync Help

Hi all,

I just got my first smart phone and got a question. Im running windows xp and downloaded active sync 4.5 the newest version. My new phone is the M89 MiPhone. Similiar to the Iphone but has Windows Mobile 6.0 on it. Im getting so confused and puzzled on how to transfers files from my computer to it. It came with a usb plug that plugs into the computer and the other end into the phone. This morning when i plugged it in, active sync would not recongize it or anything. It asks for a exchange server address which im not sure of what that is so I just put my ip address to my router. It still doesnt connect, this might of been the wrong thing im sure. Tonight when I tried plugging it again via usb, it came up as a new device but it malfunctioned and im not sure what driver or how to get this m89 phone to hook up to my pc. Any help and advice/definitions would be REALLY/DEEPLY appreciated.

Thanks in Advance,
    Oren

Re: MiPhone M89 ActiveSync Help

Since you are connecting your smart phone to pc no need to set router also check that if possible you can directly copy paste trough mobile but before that install driver that you must have in mobile box ..

MiPhone M89 ActiveSync Help

In that case i would suggest you to uninstall software from your computer and try to install it once again and have a check for the same it might happen that due to some reason some files might got corrupted because of which you are facing such kind of issue.

Well it did not come with any drivers or disc for the phone. When i read the manual it says to install active sync and when you plug your phone via USB, the synchorinzation wizard will setup your phone. I tried in 3 computers and no synchoronization wizard pops up??? I plugged again this morning to try other things and now in My computer theres a thing called Mobile Device but its like nothing. Nothing is in there, no info on it, and you can put things in it. Very strange. Still really clueless here

Your phone has Windows Mobile you can sync your phone with Windows' Outlook Express. Hope this helps you...