Thread: Acer laptop does not boot up

Acer laptop does not boot up

I own a Acer TravelMate 4000 since last two and half year. Was working fine but when i tried to turn it on today morning it seems to getting boot up but it won't. After the logo pops up and the booting begins the laptop only has a black screen and stops all booting progress. Windows doesn't load and nothing appears on the screen. I can't even get as far as the BIOS options. Why my Acer laptop does not boot up ? Please help.

Re: Acer laptop does not boot up

Sounds like your hard drive has a bunch of bad clusters. Are you able to hear a clicking? This would cause the problems you have.I mean that's pretty much the only thing in there with moving parts. Also try removing the battery, then plug in the power adapter, will it power on correctly? If yes, than try to download and install the latest BIOS from the Acer's website. Also try to remove the hard drive and booting up the computer. This will help you to get into the BIOS.

I am not able to get the exact problem with your system but just make sure you don't have forgotten USB storage device plugged with the laptop as many systems can boot from USB pendrive and if a pendrive without OS is plugged in, and BIOS wants to boot from it, you will definitely get an error or the machine won't boot. The another suspect i can guess is the IDE port, on the motherboard or may be the defective HD that is jamming the IDE port.If it was power supply problem only, the laptop would boot up off the battery. But both, power supply or battery makes lights blinks and that's it.

Remove all power adapter and Battery and hold down the ON button for 30secs. Now plug the power cord in only. Now turn on. As long as the hard drive is ok you can buy what's called an external hard drive enclosure and use this to transfer your data to either a desktop or laptop.