Thread: eeePC blown!

unsure eeePC blown!

Hello Everyone,

HELP! I just did a very stupid thing.....I was charging my eeePC at the same time asIwascharging my Compaq Presario and I accidently plugged in the Compaq's charger, the eeePCscreen went blank and it will not switch on now. The battery seems to be charging (with the correct charger) but she will not switchon. Have I blown it? Please tell me there is a fuse.

I love the eePC and it is just about the best PC I have ever had (apart from my XDA Exec.

What can I do?

Re: eeePC blown!

Remove the system battery physically for about half an hour, then plug it in again and try to boot. If doesn't works then Try Pushing Reset , with the EEE on it's back and the battery compartment up, look for a small reset hole to the right side of the unit. If you can't find that, with the battery out and the power cord disconnected, press and hold the power switch for 15 seconds to reset the machine. You will loose no data.

eeePC not getting start

No you haven't blown up your laptop it's still might be in good condition only the charger might be not working properly or some of the IC would have burnt out because of which your not able to be switch it ON, in that case you need to contact your manufacture and tell them about the issue and they will fix this for you, please don't try to do anything if you don't have any technical knowledge.

There are chances of electrical stroke in your eepc laptop. The charger of eepc is designed to provide a 12 Volt electrical supply to the battery. And on the other had the compaq charger provides 18 Volt electrical current. So now you understand what you did. But this is not big issue. You will have to carry the laptop to the nearest service center before any major broke down occurs.

Hi guys!

Thank you all very much for your help and advice. I will try the remove the battery thing and keep my fingers crossed and if not I will take it in for service.

You have given me hope anyway! The eeePC is an amazing machine I think, I use it all the time with my mobile-phone as a modem (by the way do you know that here in France one can get a cellular option called "Internet Max" on Orange Pay-as-you-go which gives you unlimited Internet for €9 per month.

Also! I just came home from a day out with my girl and I heard a funny noise coming from the kitchen...my mother in law had laid the hairdryer in the refrigerator freezer compartment, on a bed of ice, to defrost it! Can you believe it? I ripped the plug out quick and shouted at her "Are you nut's? You will electrocute yourself", She said "Jesus is with me" and I said "You'll be with HIM and sooner than you think if you do that again!". Crazy eh?

Anyway thanks for your help. I think this site is great. I found somegreat stuff last night. I especially like the website http://file2web.com