Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 22-07-2009

Can i disable the iPhone's camera shutter sound

My brother has bought an Apple iPhone couple of days ago. Its really nice and interesting. We came across its every features easily. The one thing i am not able to do is turning off its camera's shutter sound. I can't find the option to do that. Do you guys have any idea how to disable the camera's shutter sound on my iPhone ? If yes, please let me know.
Old 22-07-2009

Re: Can i disable the iPhone's camera shutter sound

Yes, you can disable the iPhone's camera shutter sound. To do so, you need to rename the sound file that is played while clicking the image. Here is how to rename that file:-
  • First of all you must have any iPhoneBrowser installed on your device.

• Now you need to make a dummy file using notepad on your PC. Name this file as photoShutter.caf.

• Now on your iPhone open the iPhoneBrowser and locate the following folder:
    Quote:
    /System/Library/Audio/UISounds.
  • Here you will find the original photoShutter.caf file. Just replace it with the dummy file you made.

Thats it. Now try taking any image. I tried this and it worked for me.
Old 22-07-2009

The solution is to find the offending sound file and rename it so when the iPhone?s OS looks for the file it can?t find it. But if you want to disable this sound temporarily, you simply need to slide the slider bar on the top of the phone all the way so that the orange color tab is showing. But the side effect of this method is that silence the ringer and notification sounds including the camera shutter click. Another method is available although we should note that the use of 3rd party applications and changing file names operating issues can cause.
Old 22-07-2009

Thanks for help friend. It really worked for me. I think later versions of the iPhone software may eventually include a user friendly way of turning off and on the camera clicking sound. Anyways, keep it up!!

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , , , ,