Thread: HTC mogul cricket mms settings

HTC mogul cricket mms settings

Hi,

I have HTC mogul and i need the Cricket Complete MMS/WAP Settings for my phone. I have seen many topics on the net regarding the HTC mogul cricket mms settings and tried many of them but its not working, Obviously all of these settings have been changed with some type of registry editor. but i dont know how to do that. please help me.

Thank you

Re: HTC mogul cricket mms settings

Try these settings
    • Server Name Cricket
    • Gateway leave blank
    • Port Number 8080
    • Server address http://mms.mycricket.com/servlets/mms
    • Connect Via Cricket MMS
    • Sending limit (should be 1024000 if you changed these settings correctly in regedit)
    • Wap version Wap 2.0 (Wap 2.0 should be pre selected, if it is don’t touch it. If it keeps reverting back to 1.2 when you click close? Go back into regedit and select WapType 1 as mentioned previously, this forces it into WAP 2.0 without it MMS won’t work.) Now if you have more than 1 select the cricket one you just configured and hit set as default then go back to HKLM\Software\Arcsoft\Arcsoft MMS UA\Config\MM1\MMSCSetting\Cricket MMS and delete the other configuration, when you go back into settings CricKet should be the only one there and it should be default.

HTC mogul cricket mms settings

Start\Settings\Connections\Connections Under the General Tab Enter Cricket. Under the Modem Tab put in Cricket Mobile Web select modem to cellular line. Click next put in #777 to dial to Cricket, click next… User Name: your10digitcellnumber@mycricket.com Password: cricket Domain: Leave Blank, click finish…under proxy settings, check these 2 boxes (this network connects to the internet, and this network uses a proxy server to connect to the internet) Proxy Server: wap.mycricket.com click advanced. The only thing with a value should be HTTP wap.mycricket.com:8080 the rest blank. Click ok and ok again, this ok should bring you back to the connections screen at the bottom click advanced. Click select networks. Under both drop downs select Cricket. Click Ok Go into Exceptions Click add new URL for each of the following settings you are going to need to click add new url again, these don’t all go under one “Add new URL” Block

• *mms.mycricket.com/servlets/mms
    • *.mms.mycricket.com/servlets/mms
    • *mycricket.com/
    • *.mycricket.com/
    • *.mms.mycricket.com/
    • *mms.mycricket.com/

I did everything just as you said but when I put the six different "add new URL"s in.... the forth one, *.mycricket.com/ I hit ok and it says "The URL exception you entered already exists." But it doesn't??? I have not entered it and it is not on my URL exceptions list!! Can you tell me what to do about it?

Did you edit the the header information in the registry? You can do this by following the steps below:

HKLM/Software/Arcsoft/Arcsoft MMS UA/Config/MM1

Change your value on wap1default port and wap2default port to 8080

HKLM/Software/Arcsoft/Arcsoft MMS UA/Config/MM1/WspHeader

Delete everything [b]but[b] the following entries:

Accept (change this value to; "application/vnd.wap.multipart.related")
    Accept-language
    User-Agent

Just had my Mogul flashed to cricket, and went through all of the steps above with no problem, except...

I have not done the regedit steps.

Are these necessary, and are the ones in your post above verified? And, why do these need to be done?

Just wanting to make sure, as there seem to be a couple of different edits out there...

THX!

Ok, so, just cause I'm a cautious type of fellow, and really know far more about Linux than the Windoze world, as I hadn't seen a reply to my last post yet, and REALLY want/need the text to work on my phone, I went ahead and wrote down all the values in the Registry that existed in the values that the previous poster's post had suggested and changed them all as suggested.

Big Sigh here...

I still get the EXACT same error I did before I did ANY of these changes...

A pop-up comes up at the bottom of my screen with " Text Messages Retry" in the title bar of the pop-up, then the number I've tried to send to, a copy of the text in my message, a dividing line, and the following:

Error Class: Temporary
    Cause Code: SMS.Org.D.

Message failed would you like to retry?

And, of course, if I retry, the same thing happens no matter how many times I do...

Please, Am I missing something here? Help, PLEASE?

I guess you are trying to send the some message and it is failing, so now you will need to move to your drafts folder. Just click on the down arrow, you can find it just next to inbox, I think on the top left of your screen. You can see the message there. You will need to open the message and then just click on send and you are done.

Down Re: HTC mogul cricket mms settings

No, it is not going into my 'drafts' folder where I can send it and it will go fine.
    That might be the case if it were happening with an email, but these are any form of sms or mms messages.

Someone suggested that, perhaps since these were not working when I got the phone turned on, the cricket server may have disabled the features, and that having them taken off my account and then added back might make them work. I'm going to try that tomorrow, since nothing else has made any difference at all with this. If that works, I'll let you know.