Thread: Canon or Nikon which one is the best

Canon or Nikon which one is the best

Hi,
    I want to buy a Digital SLR camera. I discovered two companies here the first one is Canon and the other one is Nikon. So here I am confused between both. Among both which one is the best. Anyone can list me the pros and cons of between both cameras. I was trying to read something on their comparison but didn't found any great difference. According to you which one is the best to buy and functional. I motive is capture photos for a professional purpose. So which one among them will suite me the best. Thanks in advance.

Re: Canon or Nikon which one is the best

The buying option depends on your need. Both the companies provide great portable device for digital photography. If you want to buy a new camera with film that can use a similar lenses then Canon can be a right choice for that. If you want both manual and auto focus lenses in a single camera then Nikon is better. If you want a affordable but quiet fast camera with ultrasonic motors or image adjustments then Canon is fine. Nikon is famous for selling lens technology which is very expensive. Each of the choice varies as per the need.

Canon and Nikon both provide Digital SLR cameras. Both the companies are dominant player in the field of digital camera technology. So here I will list you some system specs that will help you to determine the functioning of both. The comparison is between Canon XS and Nikon D60. In Mega pixel the first one gives 10.1 and the second one gives 10.2, not a big difference. Speed same, autofocus is 7 and 3, iso range is 100-1600 and 100-3200, shutter speed is same, lcd size is same and in weight nikon is bit heavier than canon.

Both the companies offers you new technology support for Digital SLR camera. I am listing some key difference among both. The first comes in the category of view finder. Canon lack it. Only the EOS-iv model is best and in Nikon it excellent but costly. In autofocus category Canon has superb feature but the same is better in expensive cameras of Nikon. Canon offers long and stabilized lenses but Nikon is best in wide range lenses. The camera are best in flash. Both camera models varies as per the model.

Ozzy Maximillian Guest

You're only going to get huge range of opinions. I suggest you go to a reputable camera shop in your area and play with a few models to see how each fits your hands, and what features they offer.
    I've provided a link to a side-by-side review of three entry-level models. Keep in mind though, all the points made are moot if the camera doesn't feel good in your hands
    I did a tremendous amount of research, and several hands-on trials. I settled on the Canon Digital Rebel XTI with a 50 mm prime Canon lens (I skipped on the kit lens, as it as optical garbage and many people suggested the 50 mm as an equally priced, optically better alternative). I've enjoyed it since Dec. '07, and I'm very happy with my choice, with no complaints.