Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to export contacts from iphone to PC

How to export contacts from iphone to PC

I have a iphone 3G , do anyone here know that how can i export iphone contacts to my PC. I wanna make a contacts backup on my pc. I searched the apple store for this but couldn't found anything suitable to my need. If someone can help will be really helpful to me. Thank you.

re: How to export contacts from iphone to PC

Sync the iphone to outlook, you can't export to it. Open Microsoft Outlook on the computer and complete the setup wizard to create a profile. After creating the profile, then perform another sync. The contacts and/or calendar events from the iPhone should now appear in Outlook.

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. - Albert Einstein

What we think, we become (Please don't think you are a superhero and don't try to fly)

"SUCCESS IS NOT A DESTINATION , IT'S A JOURNEY"

Do the following to export iphone contacts to your PC:

1. First plug-in your iphone to PC

2. Now start the iTunes.

3. Click on your iphone.

4. Go to the contacts tab and select export from the, FILE menu.

You need to read this Guide: Overview of syncing iPhone or iPod touch with your compute

Summary

This article gives an overview of how to set up iPhone or iPod touch to sync with your computer, and where to get additional information.

When you connect iPhone or iPod touch to your computer, items are automatically synced according to your preferences set in iTunes. You can, for example, enter phone numbers and addresses of friends and family members on your computer, connect iPhone or iPod touch to sync, then unplug iPhone or iPod touch and tap a friend's name on the touchscreen to call.

You can sync

• Contacts—names, phone numbers, addresses, email addresses, and so on
    • Calendars—appointments and events
    • Notes (sync with Mac OS X Mail or Microsoft Outlook)*
    • Web bookmarks
    • Music and audiobooks
    • Photos
    • Podcasts
    • Movies and TV shows
    • Applications

SittingDuck Guest

iTwin can do the same and more. Contacts, SMS, Calendar-entries, Notes and Birthday-lists. All with the well-known 'iPhone Look&Feel'

hello,
    i want to do this for a different reason:
    i reinstalled windows, so my outlook and itunes are empty. when i now activate calendar syncing with my iphone (which holds all my precious data), i tunes just wipes the calendar in my iphone cause my outlook calendar is empty i presume. how stupid is that?! can someone help me with that? (luckily i can keep restoring iphone to pre-sync so i keep getting my calendar back that way)

surely in any normal sync tool, you can tell it which DIRECTION you want to sync??

Re: How to export contacts from iphone to PC

I had faced a similar issue before. What happened here that I had not enabled MobileME over air syncing. This was located under the Contace info. In that you can see a option replace events on the iphone under advance section. This settings are for the iphone. Because of this your calender events are wiped out by iTunes. You must check this settings first. It is not easy to recover the same.

I think Tansee iPhone Transfer Contact may help you, and if you want to export SMS from iphone to PC, Tansee iPhone Transfer SMS
    may be your good choice

And used Save Contacts Email app and done! here is the link:

http://itunes.apple.com/app/save-con...473108675?mt=8

For the export of your iPhone contacts to .CSV, you can rely on this tutorial

This solution works, I tried it
    But make absolutely sure you Click "Merge" at the end, otherwise your iPhone contacts will be deleted

This is also possible by taking the phone backup. Second thing you can do that by exporting the contacts from iPhone in the form of .csv file format. This can be done through iTunes. Just run iTunes and connect your iPhone. See that iPhone is shown on the left side. You have to right click and choose backup. After the backup ends click on info. Now click on Sync Contacs with and then choose the option of Windows contacts. Sync the same. Now click on start > run > wab and then hit ok. Click on Export and you get your all contacts.

I have an old iPhone 3GS and I would like to backup my the contacts there to my PC. However, my PC is new and hence, I don't want to sync my empty iTunes library with my iPhone as I have songs which I do not want to loose. Is iTunes the only free way to transfer iPhone contacts to the PC?

Quote Originally Posted by jessekay View Post
    I have an old iPhone 3GS and I would like to backup my the contacts there to my PC. However, my PC is new and hence, I don't want to sync my empty iTunes library with my iPhone as I have songs which I do not want to loose. Is iTunes the only free way to transfer iPhone contacts to the PC?
    I am not sure whether that would work, but when your connect your iPhone to iTunes, before you sync, un-tick the "Sync music" option and leave only the "Sync contacts to: Windows Address Book" option checked.

You can also use CopyTrans Contacts, a standalone free app designed for the PC which will backup and export iPhone contacts from to your PC (and vice versa). It will also ask you in what format you want the contacts backed-up to:

I cannot think of a more direct and non-paid way (no iTunes required).

smile Re: How to export contacts from iphone to PC

Quote Originally Posted by jessekay View Post
    To avoid deleting other important data on your iPhone, perhaps you could try to use iPhone to PC Transfer to get contacts from iPhone to PC. As it is described by the editor, only by clicking "transfer" button, you may choose to sync a desired file from iPhone to PC.

I am also not good at using computer, but I find this way easy. Hope this way can help you.

CSV is the best format to export contacts. As you can see them in Microsoft Excel also. I found feature of Samsung Kies much better. The same is also provided in Nokia PC Suite. Here you can edit the contacts and sync with phone. All changes are updated. I had never tested this in iPhone. Another thing, I keep a copy of phone contacts in my sim, so just in case if I restore the phone my contacts are not lost.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast