Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 20-07-2009

Compaq lcd invertor problem

I'm having a Compaq laptop on which i had installed Windows Xp as my operating system. The problem is that my monitor gone blank. I had tried to changed the LCD cable and the LCD Inverter and even upgraded it, in order to see if the video drivers were causing the problem. But still i'm having the same issue on my system. Can any body tell me that how can i solve Compaq lcd invertor problem? Does any body knows about this issue? Kindly help me out to get rid of the above issue.
Old 20-07-2009

Re: Compaq lcd invertor problem

Laptop boots as usual but after some time the screen blacks out. You still can see an image on the screen but it?s very dim. Sounds like the coil is the problem on your inverter, the coil boost the power for the backlight, if i were to hazzard a guess at what has been done to the coil as that it has been bridged to by pass the coil which would explain the heat, if this is or isn't the case i would not use that inverter as you could make your laptop go bang.
Old 20-07-2009

The cables that go to the inverter are usually wrapped around each other. I assumed the LCD Inverter went bad and I have tried 2 new inverters and nothing improved. I tried a new LCD screen and still nothing. I might add the soda has been cleaned up on all parts before trying any replacement parts.
Old 20-07-2009

In some cases you can turn the backlight on if you tap rapidly on the lid close switch. You have the classic symptoms of a bad backlight circuit. Most likely is a bad inverter board (usually mounted in the 'lid' with the LCD). Or secondly it might be bad lamp tubes. According to me, the backlight is been dead. This usually happens a lot.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , , , ,