Thread: Wireless not working on iPhone

Wireless not working on iPhone

Hi,

I recently exchanged my blackberry and just bought new apple iphone blackberry. I jailbreak it to install the third party application , i also upgrade to
    firmware is 1.0.2, but now I can't get onto any wireless network. It is not detecting networks and I am not able to manually add networks that I have access to.

please help me!!!!!

Re: Wireless not working on iPhone

The reason Why WiFi is not working is because you have the WiFi shut off. because when you buy an iphone you sign the contract for an iPhone 3G, you mandatory pay $30 a month for the Unlimited wireless plan. So there is no issue with the wireless network. So its useless if you are paying $30 a month and not even using it.

Turn on your iphone and go to Home Screen,> > Settings> > General and clicked on it. From there, click "Reset", then "Reset Network Settings". You may receive a warning, ignore it and click red button. After reset, simply turn on iphone and go into Settings -> Wifi, you will see your network, it will be connected and it will work!

If you are unable to use Wi-Fi or Bluetooth with iPhone or iPod touch because there's no address listed for the device. see here for more details http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1559

N I C K

I am having problems, and your solution does not work for my iPhone 3g. I am not picking up signals in places that my Macbook and IMac and PS3 are all picking up signal. But if I stand right next too the router I am getting signal, and I can connect and when I connect I get good fast internet from it.

Does anyone have any idea's why the signal receiving is so bad?

I got the iPhone from a friend because it had a broken screen, and he was able to get an upgrade from ATT and still had the phone so I refurbished it myself, and replaced the digitizer. The screen works fine now, but I was having problems with the wifi signal before I touched it. And the wireless receiver is in a different part of the phone so I didnt mess with it replacing the screen.

I know this post is 9 months old but hopefully someone can help.

Also, I don't have a data plan from ATT, that why the wireless is important. And interestingly enough the Apple store genius it would never work like that without a data plan but he was wrong (I'm sure ATT doesn't want anyone to know this). I can run any app, and even the location services work, including the google maps and the pinpoint, just using the wireless with no data. And its better than my old blackjack because the iPhone will not let you use the data so when I'm not on wifi, it says I don't have data and wont download anything, but my blackjack would use the data to get emails without telling me.

Contact the service provider or the manufacturer for the same. If the device is under warranty it may be serviced for free. So do look out for the issue. This may be sorted.

I cannot take it to Apple because its not in warrenty because my friend had it long enough to get an upgrade, and I replaced the broken screen myself because apple was going to charge me $200 bucks and I got a screen on Amazon for $12.