Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 17-07-2009

iphone voice or tty service

Hi,

I am facing a problem while making a call using apple iphone, when i make calls i can't hear callers or people I call on the other end and the phone keeps asking me to choose TTY or Voice when I try to make a call. What Does TTY mean?. and which one should i choose to make calls.

Thank you
Old 17-07-2009

Re: iphone voice or tty service

Hey may be you made some wrong changes in the call settings. If you go into Settings, then choose Phone, scroll down to the TTY and turn this off. However TTY phone is also used for voice calls,I think Its a good telecommunication device. And even if its on it would only work when dialing another TTY enabled telephone number.
Old 17-07-2009

Dont use TTY, its Text Telephone Device or Telecommunication Device for the Deaf (TDD), is a special device required at both ends of the conversation that enables people who are deaf, hard of hearing. TTY feature allow them to type messages back and forth to one another instead of talking and listening. as you are not deaf this service will not gonna help you.
Old 17-07-2009

Standard telephone users can easily initiate calls to TTY users. The relay operator types the hearing person's spoken words to the TTY user and reads back the typed replies.
  • Dial the relay Voice number.
  • You will hear, "Relay New Hampshire Operator (number). How may I help you?"
  • Give the relay operator the area code and telephone number you wish to call and any further instructions.
  • The relay operator will process your call, relaying exactly what the TTY user is typing. The Relay operator will relay what you say back to the TTY user.
  • When you finish conversation and are going to hang up, say "Signing Off" then hang up.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , ,