Thread: Will Canon G9 use 16gb SDHC card

Will Canon G9 use 16gb SDHC card

Recently i had purchased a new Canon PowerShot G9 digital camera. I had even purchased a new 16gb SDHC card for my new digital camera. Before inserting the card, i would like to know that whether Canon G9 digital camera will able to use 16gb SDHC card? Does any body knows about it? What is the maximum capacity that Canon PowerShot G9 digital camera can accept in it? Kindly let me know your views on the above issue.

Re: Will Canon G9 use 16gb SDHC card

According to me, Canon's all the current products which take SD cards can all support SDHC and which has the maximum capacity up to 32GB. As 32 Gb SD cards are not yet release in the market. For that you need to be sure that you only use a real SDHC card, rather than an out of spec SD card.

SD High Capacity (SDHC) memory cards are the latest Secure Digital memory cards designed for higher capacities from current 4GB to 32GB. 32Gb SD cards may be soon available in the market. As they are not yet release in the market.

Note:- The SD card specification (version 1.0) is limited to 66x, so the 133x cards work in a “double speed” mode available in version 1.1 of the specification. At this writing, no cameras take advantage of the full speed of these cards

SDHC memory cards can only work with the new SDHC compatible host devices and they are not backwards compatible with the standard SD-based host devices. Identical in size to a standard secure digital (SD) card, the Dane-Elec 16GB SDHC cards are designed differently and are only recognised by SDHC compatible devices. This memory card is fully compliant with the new Secure Digital Association 2.00 specification (Class 4). Follow the below steps for the installation procedure:-

1. Create 16MB FAT16 partition on SD Card.
    2. Create FAT32 Partition on SD card with max size.
    3. Run CardTricks software, select FAT16 partition and make this partition bootable.
    4. Unzip CHDK files to FAT16 partition. Now CHDK theoretically should start correctly but.. you can't select any scripts, fonts etc. from CHDK folder on FAT16 partion.. CHDK created empty folder structure and config file on FAT32 partition, so last step is as follows.
    5. Unzip CHDK folder to FAT32 partition