Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 17-07-2009

Turn off automatic photo sync in iphone

Hi,

I am using apple iphone and when i connect the iphone with the pc it automatically start syncing the photos. how do i turn off auto sync without hooking up my iphone to my computer ? I have the latest version of itunes installed in my pc.What i am thinking is remove iTunes first. Then install something like Anapod or something similar to get my music back on my computer before reinstalling iTunes.

Thank you
Old 17-07-2009

Re: Turn off automatic photo sync in iphone

To turn off the auto mode in itunes what you can do is Connect your iPhone . In iTunes, select your iPhone in the Source list. Then, in the lower right hand corner, click the metal button with the iPhone on it. When one window pops up select the manual mode and click ok .
Old 17-07-2009

See this video How To Turn Off Auto-Sync In ITunes If You Have A PC. the same procedure can also be used in apple iphone. You cannot copy music from your iPhone to a computer in manual mode, as you can copy music from a computer to an iPhone.
Old 17-07-2009

Turn off automatic syncing for iPhone:

Connect iPhone to your computer. In iTunes, select iPhone in the sidebar, then click the Summary tab. Deselect ?Automatically sync when this iPhone is connected.? You can always sync by clicking the Sync button.
Prevent automatic syncing for all iPhones and iPods:

In iTunes choose iTunes > Preferences (on a Mac) or Edit > Preferences (on a PC), click Devices, and select ?Disable automatic syncing for all iPhones and iPods.?

If this checkbox is selected, iPhone won?t sync automatically, even if ?Automatically sync when this iPhone is connected? is selected in the Summary pane.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , ,