Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 16-07-2009

How to change iphone mail sounds

Hello,

I have an apple iphone an d i want to change the email notification tone on my phone, I also want to change the text (sms) tone. The default sound for email notification very irritating, Does anyone have any idea how to change the Message, Email and Alarm tones in the iPhone. and if we cant change then how to tun it off ?

Thank you
Old 16-07-2009

Re: How to change iphone mail sounds

To change the sound in your iphone go to the sound file you want to replace the default one with and rename it to the name "new-mail.caf" or whichever file it is you are replacing
  • cd/System/Library/Audio/UISounds
  • /System/Library/Audio/UISounds/new-mail.caf
  • /System/Library/Audio/UISounds/sms-received.caf
  • /System/Library/Audio/UISounds/alarm.caf
Old 16-07-2009

There is no way you can change the sound of the Email tones in your iphone, you need to jailbreak your iphone, There is no such third party or apple store application which can change the emails tones, i wont advice you to jailbreak your iphone as it will void your iphone warranty.
Old 09-08-2009

Hi. Thanks for the details on how to change the settings. I don't understand where exactly I need to change this file. In my phone, within iTunes, or somewhere else? Thank you.
Mefiant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simond View Post
To change the sound in your iphone go to the sound file you want to replace the default one with and rename it to the name "new-mail.caf" or whichever file it is you are replacing
  • cd/System/Library/Audio/UISounds
  • /System/Library/Audio/UISounds/new-mail.caf
  • /System/Library/Audio/UISounds/sms-received.caf
  • /System/Library/Audio/UISounds/alarm.caf

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: ,