Thread: How to save pdf files in ipod touch

How to save pdf files in ipod touch

Hello,

I recently bought a new apple ipod touch, I have some pdf document and some books in pdf documents saved on my computer. Now how would I be able to put it on my iPod touch. Does anyone know of a way to save PDF's and Microsoft office documents on your iPod touch ? Is there an App or anything?

Thank you

Re: How to save pdf files in ipod touch

You don't require any application to read and save pdf documents on your ipod touch. Go on your computer, Compose an email and add the pdf document in attachment and send the message to yourself. now go on your iod touch Go to the mail app, open the message, and you'll see the files. To save the pdf file on your ipod ouch you must open up each pdf once while you are near wifi so that the files download to your ipod and you can open them.

Download Stanza for Macintosh or Stanza for Microsoft Windows. After installing stanza to your pc open your PDF file using the File menu. Stanza should show you your PDF file-make sure it looks readable. now enable sharing in Stanza Desktop under Menu/Tools, Now that the PDF file is open in Stanza Desktop, your iPod Touch will be able to transfer it.

Note: Stanza only reads TEXT PDF files. If the PDF file is full of images instead of text, Stanza will not read it correctly.

To transfer the document Wi-fi network must be on Both iPod Touch and Computer on same network.

You need to install apache to save the pdf documents on your ipod touch, Go to Installer.App and install Apache. and open http://127.0.0.1 or http://localhost/. prefer http://127.0.0.1. Now Using SSH, login to your iPod Touch and go to /Library/WebServer/Documents/. here you Delete the index.html file. This trick will help you to type in http://127.0.0.1 in the browser and see all the files that are uploaded, Upload your PDF files, Remember to CHMOD each file to "755". Leave Movie files as "644". you are done.

Quote Originally Posted by dilbert View Post
    You don't require any application to read and save pdf documents on your ipod touch. Go on your computer, Compose an email and add the pdf document in attachment and send the message to yourself. now go on your iod touch Go to the mail app, open the message, and you'll see the files. To save the pdf file on your ipod ouch you must open up each pdf once while you are near wifi so that the files download to your ipod and you can open them.
    I did that. But now I would like to be able to find that file and open it even when I am not near a WiFi hot spot. Please tell me how to do that. I cannot find any file directories on my ipod Touch. How can I find them?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by jrsuser View Post
    I did that. But now I would like to be able to find that file and open it even when I am not near a WiFi hot spot. Please tell me how to do that. I cannot find any file directories on my ipod Touch. How can I find them?

Thanks.
    You will need to save the pdf file into your ipod and and save that into a folder or something. Then download the Pdf+ software which is a reader for PDF documents, which are also known as Adobe® Acrobat® files. This particular distribution is for the iPhone 3G, the iPhone and the iPod touch and after installtion of this software, open the program on your ipod and then browse to the location where the pdf files are saved and just click on it to open it.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's