Thread: Connection drops while using WIFI in Sony Xperia pro

Connection drops while using WIFI in Sony Xperia pro

Hi guys I have recently bought Sony Xperia pro mobile phone and I am facing issues while connecting my mobile phone with WIFI setup. Whenever I connect it with my home wireless network at that time connecting drops regularly. I don’t know what is wrong but this problem frustrating for me. If anyone have solution regarding this then please help me.

Re: Connection drops while using WIFI in Sony Xperia pro

AS you have said the you are experiencing problem while connecting your Sony Xperia pro with your WIFI setup and first thing I would like to tell you tell you that connect your Sony Xperia pro with other WIFI connections like WIFI hotspot and than see whether same problem is coming or not.

I would like to first tell you that if your WEP-password is having special characters in password then you should first change the password with simple characters and after changing it you have to try to connect your Sony Xperia pro with your WIFI network. First go to the wireless setting in for your router and then you have to change the password and after changing the password you have to try to connect the device again.

Try this solution and after that your problem will get solved.

According to me you should first go to the menu in your Sony Xperia pro and after going in to the menu you have to go to the setting and after going in to the setting you have to go to the wireless setting and after going in to the wireless setting you have delete all the saved WIFI network from your device and after deleting the saved WIFI network from your device you have to restart the Sony Xperia pro mobile phone. Now after restarting the Sony Xperia pro you have to try to connect the Sony Xperia pro with your WIFI network and then you have to check whether you are still facing the connection dropping issue or not. I think after trying this you will not get the same issue.

You have to also check in your mobile phone that is there any setting related to WIFI sleep mode or WIFI power saving mode? If there is any setting then check that also and make sure that all those mode are turned off.

Try this above solution and then let me know what the result is.

If you are facing this problem while connecting your Sony Xperia pro with other WIFI network also then there might be issue with your Sony Xperia pro mobile phone. I will suggest you to do the s=restore factory setting in your Sony Xperia pro and then check whether same problem is coming or not.

Yes I will also suggest you the same many times this WIFI related issue can get solved by resting the devices. First you need to take the back from your Sony Xperia pro mobile phone and after resetting the mobile phone you have to see whether same problem is coming or not.

As far as I know after resetting the mobile phone your problem will surly get solved.

If you don’t know about how to do the restore factory setting your Sony Xperia pro then you need to follow this procedure.

• First you have to go to the Settings,
    • After that tap on the Privacy
    • Now you have to select the Factory data reset
    • After that choose Reset phone
    • Now you have to enter your password if required,
    • And then select Erase everything to confirm.

Note that everything information can be erased from the Sony Ericsson Xperia Pro, as an effect of this system. This technique could conceivably erase information archived on the microSD card. We suggest moving down your private information before progressing.

Thank you for giving me quick replies and trying to solve this issue. I have first checked all the WIFI related setting in my device and after that also same problem was occurring. Now after that I have also tried to solve this issue by resetting the device but after resetting the Sony Xperia pro also I was getting the same issue again and again.

Is there any other way to fix this issue?

I have one to fix this issue. The encryption protocol has to be changed from WEP to WPA-PSK2 in your WIFI router. You have to first open the router configuration page and then you have to check whether same problem is coming after that or not. I think after trying this solution you will not get any problem while using the WIFI from your Sony Xperia pro mobile phone with your Wireless network.

If you need any more help then let me know.

If above solution also giving you the same issue and after you are still experiencing the problem with the Wireless connection then you have to try to fix this issue by resetting your WIFI router. I am telling you this because many times by resetting the WIFI router this type of connection issue can get solved. First reset the router and then do all the setting properly and then try to connect your mobile phone again and then check whether same problem is coming or not.

With my mobile phone I was also facing the same issue and after that I have also reset the router and after resetting the router when I tried to connect my mobile phone with Wireless at that time it worked fine. You can also try this trick.

I think you should contact the Sony ericsson service center and then you have to tell about the problem which you are facing and then they will give you proper solution for your Sony Xperia pro.

After going though your problem I have changed the encryption protocol in the router from WEP to WPA-PSK2and after changing the protocol when I tried to establish the connection at that time it worked fine. Thank you so much for helping me. I really appreciate your help.