Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 11-07-2009

Will Jailbreak iphone void the warranty

Hi,

I am planning to buy new Apple iphone 3g, But i have one doubt in my mind, Does jail breaking your iPhone void your warranty? Is there anyway that Apple will identified that the iphone is jail broken? If anything happens to my ihpone and i do restore on the phone and then it would it look like the original iphone. please clear my doubt.
Old 11-07-2009

Re: Will Jailbreak iphone void the warranty

Quote:
Is there anyway that Apple will identified that the iphone is jail broken?
No there is no way for apple to identify weather your iphone is jailborken. But they can identify if you bring your jailbroken apple iphone with The third party theme or any non App Store app on it. For eg.Cydia or Installer. If you want to give it for repair then you must restore the apple iphone before giving it to apple.
Old 11-07-2009

Jailbreaking will void apple iphone warranty. because the jailbreaking applications will leave some trace files on your apple iphone, even after restoring to factory settings. So it is useless to give your iphone to Apple Store for possible replacement or repair.
Old 11-07-2009

Jailbreaking is not unlocking! It is risk free. Everything that works before jailbreaking continues to work after. Jailbreaking only adds features. Jailbreaking is risk free and cannot void your warranty. You can simply restore in iTunes at anytime to get back to a factory state. You are not alone, many people are doing it. Several hundred thousand people are jailbreaking! For understanding of jailbreak vs unlock read my terminology post.
Old 29-08-2009

It's true, it is completely safe.

All you do is factory reset your iPhone if you have to return it to Apple. Research how to perform a complete factory reset, i'm sure it involves deleting your JailBreak backup ipsw (a large file that is in effect a copy of your iPhone OS software) in your itunes folder and allow itunes to download a new copy. Research that, though i've honestly Jailbroken about half a dozen times and i've never had a problem.
Old 29-08-2009

Also, for future reference, google search "iphone" + "virginise". Should give you a bunch of results.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , , ,