Thread: USB Device Malfunctioned and Not Recognized

USB Device Malfunctioned and Not Recognized

Hie friends,

When I try to connect one of my portable device to the USB port of the computer using USB cord, the computer doesn't recognize my USB device. Why USB device is not able to recognize by computer to open it up with the Removable drive. I am afraid whether my USB device is malfunctioned. can anybody please help...!!!

Re: USB Device Malfunctioned and Not Recognized

I was facing the same problem from past 4 weeks, none of USB devices was able to recognize by my PC.
    Here is what I did. But my solution may not work everytime. And what i did was I defrag my PC with jkdefrage. And after when I finished with defragmentation, I restarted my PC and connected USB device to check whether it works.

Actually, the main cause or root of this problem is with the USB Device (you can find it in your Device Manager). Well, you have a problem if it has a caution symbol with an exclamation point which needs to be updated.
    But when you try to update it, you will get an error. It will try to update the driver associated with it but give you an invalid data error message.

So with an intent to solve the problem, I installed Windows Service Pack 3 (SP3). From Device Manager, I updated my USB Device. It updated and everything rest was resolved after that....hope this helps you

My usb device has malfunctioned, and i have a lot of important work on. I have tried every tip i have heard on the net and nothing works at all. Is there any way i can recovery the data cheaply?

My usb device has malfunctioned, and i have a lot of important work on. I have tried every tip i have heard on the net and nothing works at all. Is there any way i can recovery the data cheaply?
    Have you tried using your USB on another computer. Also have you tried both the front and rear USB port to check if the USB is working or not. Incase the USB is not detected at all then probably chances are that the USB might have gone bad.