Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 10-07-2009

ALPS touchpad problems

Hi,

My problem is with my ALPS touch pad settings which load every time following a reboot.I thinking why this is happening with me can any one help me to resolve the problem

any helps should greatly received..
thanks in advance!
Old 10-07-2009

Re: ALPS touchpad problems

if you disabled the proprietary nvidia video driver, your touch pad works fine. have try every combination of the Touch pad utility. Increase both mouse sensitivity and scroll zones helps a little but it does not fix the problem. also troubleshoot with different On/Off settings
Old 10-07-2009

My but scrolling works fine for me. but make sure you are with synaptics did you modify your XF86Config-4 file to include the synaptics input device section and added that identifier in Server Layout.are you using a usb mouse?try to get latest version of the software always
Old 10-07-2009

If the animated cursors are the trouble maker do the following to get rid of it Launch the regedit and locate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Alps\Apoint. Locate the CursorChangeType DWORD entry,change it's value to zero locate HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Alps\Apoint. and change the value of the CursorChangeType DWORD entry to 0 Locate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Alps\Apoint_Default. here also make variations to CursorChangeType DWORD entry to zero.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , ,