Thread: Lose contacts when you restore an iphone

Lose contacts when you restore an iphone

Hi,

I have one doubt in my mind, I am planning to restore my iPhone from a backup. But i was wondering if you lose your contacts list when you restore your phone. I have 4 Gb of stuffs including Contacts but iphone shows that its 7Gb. Its a bug so i want to restore an iphone.

Any one can help me on this.

Re: Lose contacts when you restore an iphone

There is no problem in restoring an iphone, you dont loose any contacts, or anything else, when you Restore. Use an apple iphone iTunes software and it should be backing up your iPhone for you. On your itunes check in the preferences pane under syncing - it says "iPhones backed up on this computer" and should have your iphone in there.

If you think that you will loose all your contacts then dont restore your iphone, first open iTunes program and connect your iPhone with computer. It will automatically sync your contacts, But if it doesnt then do it manually within iTunes by pressing sync.

Here you will find the detailed information on How to Restore an iPhone ?, and have look at this thread if you help Lost contacts after apple iphone sync and update. ot you can also use an application called IDrive Lite,Its a great free service to do back up your contacts and your contacts only. Online accounts are created from within the application itself which allows you to administer your contacts all from a nice PC-based user interface. Online accounts are created from within the application itself Which Allows you to administer all your contacts from a nice PC-based user interface. iDrive is a nice and lite application that does just as it says, backs up and allows you to restore your contacts whenever you choose to do so and stores it all within their secure servers. iDrive is a nice and lite application that does just as it says, backs up and Allows you to restore your contacts whenever you choose to do so and it stores all within their secure servers.