Thread: Laptop prevention with LAlarm

Laptop prevention with LAlarm

I am having a Hp laptop which i carry while traveling and most often i forget it somewhere for some time. It happens with me few days back but luckily i dont get it lost. One of my colleague suggested me to go for LAlarm. It is some kind of tool that prevent the laptop from theft. I don't know how it works and what it cost. Do you guys have any idea about LAlarm ? Please let me know.

Re: Laptop prevention with LAlarm

LAlarm is free laptop alarm software, which sounds an alarm when a laptop is in danger of being stolen or losing data. Laptop theft is one of the top 3 computer crimes along with virus and hacking and is also the second most common crime according to the securities. LAlarm helps protect laptop and precious data. It protects the laptop against theft. It prevents data loss associated with HDD errors or damages.

LAlarm prevents a laptop failure due to a HDD problem. It also protects data and prevents the hardware damage associated with sudden power loss. It alarms when the hard disk drive damaged or erred and also alarms to recommend hard disk drive replacement. Hence, it prevents data loss and laptop failure due to a HDD problem.

LAlarm also inform you in case the battery power is about to run out.This software emits siren sound when a thief tries to steal a laptop. It has saome great features as well, like :

• Protect laptop against theft.
      • Laptop theft is common and a constant threat to laptop security. LAlarm emits a loud siren sound when a thief tries to steal a laptop. For example, removing the AC power cord from a locked laptop will trigger the alarm.

• Prevent data loss.
      • The HDD (hard disk drive) holds important data but is subject to frequent error and logical or physical damages due to various causes. If error or damage is detected at an early stage, it could be repaired before becoming a more serious problem and prevent serious data loss. LAlarm alerts the user of both physical and logical disk problems.

• Prevent laptop failure.
      • Hard disk drive problem is a common cause of laptop failure. But most users are not aware of such problems being developed and escalated until the HDD finally halts and the data becomes irrecoverable. LAlarm detects signs of HDD deterioration and recommends a HDD replacement, thereby, a laptop failure is prevented. As a result, a costly laptop repair expense is saved.

• Protect data and laptop.
      • LAlarm alerts when a possible sudden power loss is imminent. The user will then be able to save the data and shutdown the computer properly and/or switch to the AC power. LAlarm not only helps protect data but also the hardware because a sudden power loss could damage the laptop hardware and corrupt data.

LAlarm also detects damages or errors in a hard disk drive and alerts the user for a repair.Its a freeware utility and very useful too. You must have this to protect your laptop from theft.

Download LAlarm