Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 08-07-2009

iphone incorrect voicemail password

Hi,

Ever since switching to the iPhone 3G, and try to access AT&T voicemail services it asks me my voicemail password, and I never set one. I can't get the the voicemail password to stop popping up ALL the time. I can't get it to go away. Does ATT use a standard default password like 0000 or is there a setting in the phone I can use to reset it?

Thank you
Old 08-07-2009

Re: iphone incorrect voicemail password

To get the rid out of this annoying popup's like ?Password Incorrect - Enter Voicemail password? call AT&T Customer Service at 611 and confirm your pohne number. and press 3 for voicemail help, here they will allow you to reset your voicemail password. This fixes the voicemail password issues in 99% of the cases.
Old 08-07-2009

Changing Your Voicemail Password

A voicemail password helps prevent others from access your voicemail. You need to enter the password only when you?re calling in to get your messages from another phone. You won?t need to enter the password when using voicemail on iPhone.

Change your voicemail password:

Choose Phone > Change Voicemail Password.
Old 08-07-2009

Reset voicemail password from AT&T's website:

NOTE: You must be registered and logged into myWireless Account to view this information.
  • From the myWireless Account home page, select Phone/Device then choose the Reset Voice Mail PIN link from the left column.
  • IMPORTANT: If there is more than one line on the account, make sure the correct wireless number is displayed in the Wireless Number list before selecting Reset Voice Mail PIN.
  • To reset the password for any of the lines on the account, choose a wireless number from the dropdown menu
  • Click Submit.
  • After a few seconds, iPhone will display "Password Incorrect - Enter Voicemail Password."
  • Enter the last seven digits of the wireless phone number and tap OK.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , ,