Thread: Samsung SCH i760 communicator

Samsung SCH i760 communicator

The new Samsung SCH-i760 from Verizon is a Pocket PC phone with both a built-in keyboard and a number pad. The SCH-i760 runs on Windows Mobile 6 and uses the CDMA technology. Hence its output only in the United States, since this technology is incompatible with European networks. No Bluetooth or Wi-Fi, its main advantage is a user-friendly. Indeed, it has two keyboards, one slide. The first is to use the phone, the second (QWERTY) is used to writing and mail to the office functions. The i760 is built for utility and power. Consequently, this also means it's on the bigger side, measuring 4.4 inches by 2.2 inches by 0.7 inch and weighing 5.2 ounces. It's similar in size to the other slider Pocket PC phones like, as we mentioned, the Sprint Mogul and the AT&T Tilt. Admittedly, the i760 is bulky, especially with the extended battery, and certainly won't easily fit into a pants pocket. The keyboard makes good use of soft rubberized buttons unlike the solid plastic keyboards of most of the HTC models, it's easy and comfortable to press the buttons with the very tip of a finger or fingernail. This allows for greater speed of input, and less slipping. The front panel only features the softkeys and directional pad, with no OK/Close or Start buttons, nor any buttons that can be re-tasked to this purpose. There are dedicated OK and Start buttons to be found on the right-hand side of the device, but there's no grip that allows you to use both these, and the front panel controls, with a reasonable degree of ease.

Feature of Samsung SCH i760 communicator

Feature of Samsung SCH i760 communicator

• Windows Mobile 6 Professional

Increase mobile productivity and get better integrated mobile business performance with Windows Mobile 6 Professional.

• Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g

Seamless move between your corporate WLAN, home WLAN and local Hot Spot.

• Built in camera and camcorder

Use the built-in camera to take digital still pictures with 1.3 megapixel resolution or use the camcorder to capture life’s more active moments.

• Bluetooth wireless technology

The i760 supports the following profiles: mono & stereo headset, handsfree, serial port, dial-up networking, object push, file transfer, basic print, phonebook access and human interface device.

• Enhanced email support

With solutions like Wireless Sync, Good Mobile Messaging and WM Direct Push you get the email solution you need.

• microSD memory card slot

Store files, save user-generated pictures and video clips on a removable microSD memory module. Transfer your favorite tunes to a microSD card and play them on your i760.