Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 07-07-2009

Will the iphone work without internet

Hi,

I am planning to buy a new iphone with AT&T but i am least interested in data plan and only want to take voice plan, but i was told that i needed the data package for phone to work. is it possible to use iphone without data plan. Are there going to be any charges even if I dont use the internet?

Thank you in advance for all your answers
Old 07-07-2009

Re: Will the iphone work without internet

If you have purchase your apple iphone from apple store or AT&T, then yes, you have to have a data package. If you bought it Through any other distributor then you dont required to have this service package. then you can simply use WiFi when it's available. but without the data plan the iphone is useless, you will require a internet to update any new firmware update or to download latest apple application.
Old 07-07-2009

Re: Will the iphone work without internet

What you can do is you switch off EDGE, and you have a voice plan on the apple ipone and phone will work as a regular phone. You can use wifi connection with no fees to browse the internet on a wifi connection. but it is too risky as your phone may get hacked easily. call AT&T customer care and ask for help, they will suggest the best plan where data charges are less.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , ,