Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 06-07-2009

iphone applications disappeared

Hi,

I am using iphone without any problem, but yesterday after a firmware upgrade my application icon started disappearing. iphone apps disappeared. i didn't delete my apps but i cant find them on any of my pages. all my applications like youtube, gmail, camera app, apple store app ans many more has disappeared. Any ideas as to why this disappeared or how to get it back?

Thanks in advance for any help
Old 06-07-2009

Re: iphone applications disappeared

Did you uninstall iTunes? Are they free Apps or did you have to pay for them? Try resetting home screen layout,similar thing happened to me and reset returned the app.

Settings>General>Reset>Rest Home Screen Layout.

or

Settings > General > Restrictions > Enable Restrictions

Enter Pin > Re-enter Pin

Disable Restrictions

Then go back to home-screen.
Old 06-07-2009

You need to hard reset to see if that helps.

Resetting iPhone Settings

Reset all settings

Choose General > Reset and tap Reset All Settings.
  • All your preferences and settings are reset. Information, such as your contacts and calendars, and media, such as your songs and videos, are not deleted.
Erase all content and settings

Choose General > Reset and tap “Erase All Content and Settings.”
  • All your information and media are deleted. You must sync iPhone with your computer to restore contacts, songs, videos, and other information and media.
Reset the keyboard dictionary

Choose General > Reset and tap Reset Keyboard Dictionary.
  • You add words to the keyboard dictionary by rejecting words iPhone suggests as you type. Tap a word to reject the correction and add the word to the keyboard dictionary. Resetting the keyboard dictionary erases all words you’ve added.

Reset Network Settings

Choose General > Reset and tap Reset Network Settings.
Old 06-07-2009

You can download an application called "Dock". Dock can be installed using the Installer app. The easiest way to install Installer App is to use the single-click method to JailBreak the iPhone OS v1.1.1 which also installs the Installer app. Once the Installer app is installed you will find the Dock program under System category. It creates a little glowing spot at the far bottom right of the screen. Put your finger on this and "drag it out" and then you can see a round list of all of the icons and then you can go into Customize and undo your last settings.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , , ,