Thread: Manually manage music iphone and iPod

Manually manage music iphone and iPod

Hi,

I have apple iphone and ipod touch and i would like to know how to manage the music on iphone. I have more then 8 gb of videos and mp3 files stored in my iphone and ipod touch but i can't find out how to manage my music/videos manually. every time i have to scroll down to play a particular video, any help?

Thank you in advance

Re: Manually manage music iphone and iPod

What you can do is go into iTunes and uncheck everything in your library (Ctrl+A, right-click and uncheck all). now select the songs which you want to transfer and then make a new smart-playlist. To play only selected songs Uncheck the fields for criteria, and leave the "checked tracks" option selected. So you will always have a playlist that will always have all checked items in it and nothing else. Now go into your iPhone settings and have your iPhone sync with that new playlist we just created. Only your selected tracks will transfer onto it.

iTunes 7.6 adds a great new feature for iPhone users. You can now manually manage media on the device. This means you can drag and drop music and videos onto the iPhone icon to copy them to the device, or delete music and videos directly from the device while it is connected.

In order to enable this option, click on your iPhone in the left-hand pane of iTune 7.6, then click "Summary." Make sure the option for "Manually manage music and videos" is checked.

Managing content manually on iPod and iPhone
    Configure iPod or iPhone for manual management

If you have iTunes 7* or later follow these instructions.

1. Connect iPod or iPhone to your computer.
    2. Open iTunes.
    3. Select iPod or iPhone in the Devices list.
    4. Click the Summary tab and select "Manually manage music and videos."
    5. Click Apply.
    6. When manual management is enabled, you can still sync some content automatically. Select any content tab such as Video to enable automatic syncing for that type of content.

Manually adding content to your iPod or iPhone

After following the steps above, you can add individual songs, videos, and playlists from iTunes to your iPod or iPhone. Just drag the item to the iPod or iPhone icon in the Devices list on the left-hand side of the iTunes Window.

Tip: You must first import audio CDs into iTunes before you can add them to the iPod or iPhone. If you're having difficulty syncing songs to iPod or iPhone, click here.

Note:
    Even when manually managing, some content may only be available from one library at time. This includes all content on iPhone and video content on iPods.

• iPhone requires iTunes 7.5 or later. Some iPod models may require a later version of iTunes.