Thread: Laptop loose dc jack repair

Laptop loose dc jack repair

My brother is having Compaq V6000 laptop with him and from few days he is facing some issues of loose DC input jack in this the whenever he try's to charge his laptop he is not able to charge it for charging it up he need to wiggle the cord towards right. Does anyone can help out with this issue. Thanks for the suggestions in advance.

I would suggest you to do it by yourself because in this case you just need to solder the DC jack to the board securely and safely. If the jack is being broken then in this case it would be very difficult task for you. make sure you do it properly or else you would burn out your laptop.

Re: Laptop loose dc jack repair

I would suggest you to contact Compaq and don't try to do it by yourself if your laptop is under warranty because if you try to do it then your will not get any warranty from there onwards, my friend has also done such kind of this and at last he burn out his motherboard.

Normally in this case you need to show your laptop who has experience in doing such kinds of things because it's not really easy as Dr. Peter is saying i have try to do it , but was not able to do so and there are lots of risk involved in this because if you try to save some money and will end up in big loss. So try to spend some money and give it to experience person who can slove your problem very easily.