Thread: iphone 3g not receiving calls

iphone 3g not receiving calls

Hi,

I am using iphone for last one year without any problem, its a nice phone with some good application. but from past few days i am facing problem with the calling. i recently upgraded to Apple released firmware 2.1, since then i am facing reception problems, or network connectivity problems since. i can make and receive calls but cant hear them.

please help me

Re: iphone 3g not receiving calls

What exactly happen when you make or receive calls ? , Is the mic covered? Maybe filled with dirt? Are you holding the iPhone to your ear, using a bluetooth headset, or stereo headset? I think in your case he microphone is working on your phone. go to apple store or apple site more more help. as your phone is under warranty they will not gonna charge any money for repairing.

If you Can't hear through the receiver or through speaker, and can't be heard

you can try following troubleshooting steps.

1. Verify there is nothing plugged into the headset jack.
    2. For iPhones that have software version 1.1.3 and later:
    At the Home screen hit the ringer volume button, if the icon below appears stating there's headphones attached, go to step 4.

3. For iPhones that have software version 1.1.2 and earlier:
    Try making a phone call in normal handset mode, without headsets. While on the call, cover the receiver, located at the top of the screen, with your thumb.
    • If the screen does not turn off, go to step 4.
    • If the screen does turns off (goes blank), got to step 5.

4. There may be debris in the headphone jack, try connecting a pair of headphones into the headset jack and then remove the headphones. Repeat this several times.
    5. If you have paired with a Bluetooth headset that is nearby, either use the headset or turn Bluetooth off. (Choose Settings > General > Bluetooth.)
    6. If that doesn't work, try turning iPhone on and off. Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button on top of iPhone for a few seconds until a red slider appears, and then slide the slider. Then press and hold the Sleep/Wake button until the Apple logo appears.
    7. If turning the iPhone on and off doesn't work, try resetting iPhone. Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button at the same time for at least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

Can't hear through the receiver or through speaker, and can't be heard or No sound through stereo headse. then check this link for more hep http://support.apple.com/kb/TS2802?v...le=en_US#faq16