Thread: How to replace wireless card on laptop

How to replace wireless card on laptop

I am having wireless card with me but from some days i am facing lots of issue from it like each and every time when i try to connect it through internet it's gets disconnect after some time automatically and connects it again. I don't know whats the issue when i asked my friend about the same he told me that replacing Wireless Card would solve my issue. Can anyone help me to replace my Wireless Network Card.

It might happen that there would be some another issue like your internet connection is not working properly or there would be some obstacles when you are trying to connect you laptop. Before replacing it i would suggest you to check it on another place where there is wireless connection at your place you would be facing same issue and you might think that your wireless connection is not working properly and you need to replace it.

I had a check for the same it seems that there is some issue with my wireless network card only that's why i need to change it because at my office and at my clients place i normally surf internet through wireless not through cable connection.

Why you want to replace your internal network card instead of that i would suggest you to use PCMCIA card or USB connection card which is very easy to install and to carry also. If you want replace your internal card then you need to install a new Wireless Card, first attach the antenna wires to the card.
    Carefully press the black wire connector straight down onto the plug that is furthest from the corner of the card. A very slight twisting motion
    may be necessary to properly attach the antenna. Once each antenna is securely connected to the card, then install the new Wireless Card by inserting the gold connectors on the edge of the card into the open slot at a 45-degree angle. Gently press down on the Wireless Card until the retaining clips click into place. After the card is completely installed, make sure the antenna wire connectors are pointing away from the card then replace the Wireless Card cover and secure it with the original screw.