Thread: Acer laptop keys have come off

Acer laptop keys have come off

My friend is having Acer 5520 laptop with him and everything was working fine till yesterday but today when i start my laptop and press a key to login into my password my key has came out from the laptop. Can anyone tell me what should i do to replace it back at my place any help would be appreciated.

I would suggest you to contact Acer if you laptop is under warranty period if you try to do it by yourself then you you would void your warranty from then onwards and they won't charge you for the same, why i am telling this because i was also facing such kind of issue and i try to do it by myself and was not able to do it properly when i went to fix this issue they told me that you have void warranty and they charged me for the same.

No my laptop is not in warranty period and i don't want to send it to Acer to fix this issue because they are going to charge me very high which i cannot afford it and at the same time they will take at least one or two days and i am having some important work with my laptop. Can anyone tell me what steps i need to follow because i do have technical knowledge about hardware.

For replacing your Key you can check out the links which will help you a lot, but i would suggest you to take some help which doing such kind of things

Need to replace keyboard in Sony Vaio Laptop
    How to Repair Dell Laptop Keyboard Keys
    How to re-attach Dell inspiron 6400 laptop Keys
    Dell laptop keyboard problem

Re: Acer laptop keys have come off

I have the same problem with an ACER Aspire that is 14 weeks old. The semi colon key came off. They said its my fault I wore the key out. They are telling me I have to pay up to $199 for the repair. I missed that fine print somewhere during my initial purchase at Office Depot. All I can say is buyer beware. You've now been warned about Acer Aspire notebooks.

Re: Acer laptop keys have come off

Really poor service, If its just 14 weeks old it should be serviced free because of under warranty period. Its really really bad..