Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 02-07-2009

Toshiba Laptop usb device not recognized

My laptop works fine and everything runs well, but my new logitech mouse i just bought just refuseses to work. It worked fine when i first bought it, one day it my laptop would not recognize the usb plug in yet said the drivers had been installed and are ready to use. If anyone could help that would be much appreciated thank you! It is also running vista if that helps anyone figure out the issue.
Old 02-07-2009

Re: Toshiba Laptop usb device not recognized

First, check whether the drivers of USB storage devices are in their place, ie in the location C:\windows\inf.
The three files should be found in this folder are
  • Usbstor.inf
  • Usbstor.PNF
  • Usbstor.sys

if not , To replace them You will have to copy them from another folder in Vista where they are indeed present. Go to C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\ FileRepository and find the folder "usbstor.inf_XXXXX" (it is possible that there may be many folder but never mind, choose the first).

Open this folder, you should find three files. Copy these 3 files in your C:\windows\inf and go to Device Manager.

Make a double click (left) on your usb device (with exclamation point) and choose "reinstall driver or update the driver."

If everything is properly conducted,then your USB Mouse should install correctly and Work Properly
Old 02-07-2009

Sometimes the USB ports located on the front of the case don?t have enough power for some USB devices. To verify that you have a hardware malfunction, use the Toshiba recovery disc to restore the hard drive to its original factory-fresh state. Back up your important files to external media before doing this because they will all disappear in the process. New applications will also need to be reinstalled.
Old 02-07-2009

See this following thread for some help : Vista OS does not recognize USB plug ins
http://forums.techarena.in/windows-software/1101241.htm
"USB Device not Recognized"

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , ,