Thread: Toshiba keyboard keys

Toshiba keyboard keys

My friend is having Toshiba Laptop with, recently by mistake a glass of water had fallen on his keyboard from then he is facing some issue with his keyboard whenever he try to press number 7 from his keyboard it's not working and he don't know what to do. Does anyone know what he need to do in this case.

Problems with Toshiba Keyboard

I think so your friends function Key would be ON that's why he won't be able to get 7 whenever he pressed the same Key this is one of the most common mistake which people do and i guess rest of the keyboard is functional properly then your friend should not face any issues.

Toshiba keyboard keys

He had a check for the same his function key are OFF then too he is not able to use number 7 and now some of the other keys are also not working like space, Delete key etc. Do you think that we need to change the keyboard if yes then what steps i need to follow for it because i have technical knowledge about computer but don't know how to replace the keyboard. Thanks in Advance.

Toshiba keyboard keys

I think your keyboard has some issue try to buy a new one and for replacing it try to follow the below steps:-

1. First remove the keys from the laptop by inserting a thin metal object under side of the key and gently prying away from the keyboard. While removing the keyboard make sure your face is not above the keyboard. If you are planning to replace it then replace it with new keyboard and have a cleaning of it too.

2. Now put the keyboard keys back on the laptop make sure you put plastic hinges to secure them in place. Before going ahead examine the empty slot on the keyboard to make sure the hinges are still in place. If there are not proper then try to put them back to there holes. Now to place the keyboard back to it's place set over it and give a gentle pressure until you feel it's being fixed in it's place.

3. Finally boot your laptop and test the keyboard.