Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links



How to enable a disabled iPod touch

Portable Devices


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 27-06-2009
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 60
How to enable a disabled iPod touch
  

My ipod touch is disabled, it says you need to connect It to Itunes , but it wont let me put in my pass code to unlock it when i get to itunes. It won't let me enter my passcode? Please help

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 27-06-2009
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 951
You need to just hold down the home button to turn it on when its connected to itunes, itunes will detect this automatically, or do a restore on it.

Is your iPod touch frozen or not operating as expected? These tips will help you resolve most common issues. iPod touch Troubleshooting Assistant
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 27-06-2009
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,066
Re: How to enable a disabled iPod touch

First try this help : How to restore iPod . Connect the iPod to iTunes and restore it from iTunes and it will rest everything including the pass code.

If you have tried to restore your iPod touch using iTunes and are unable to do so, try this help to force the device into recovery mode: iPhone and iPod touch: Unable to restore
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 18-04-2010
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1
ThumbsUp Re: How to enable a disabled iPod touch

Quote:
Originally Posted by paxton View Post
First try this help : How to restore iPod . Connect the iPod to iTunes and restore it from iTunes and it will rest everything including the pass code.

If you have tried to restore your iPod touch using iTunes and are unable to do so, try this help to force the device into recovery mode: iPhone and iPod touch: Unable to restore
i did exactly that and after 6 days of usless fiddleing w/ different ways to fix that problem this one worked thanks man
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-03-2011
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1
my ipod is disabled and it cant give me option to even enter my pascode

My ipod touch is disabled and i can't connect to i tunes, because i forgot my restriction code, how do go about it?

i forgot the password and my ipod is diabled.it says try again in 5381960min,so plez help me to enable my i pod.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-03-2011
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 673
Re: How to enable a disabled iPod touch

Hi Dawit.. Did you checked the very first solution ? It is for the same if your ipod is freezed and not even allowing you to enter passcode. Try this solution:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
You need to just hold down the home button to turn it on when its connected to itunes, itunes will detect this automatically, or do a restore on it.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 28-06-2011
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 253
Re: How to enable a disabled iPod touch

I have never used iPhone or iPod but as i can see above, i think you can get reset you restriction code by doing reset to your iPod and when you connect again with iTunes, you can set a new code. You can see the 2nd post:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
You need to just hold down the home button to turn it on when its connected to itunes, itunes will detect this automatically, or do a restore on it.
For restoring purpose, see this:
How to Erase and Restore ipod touch
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 22-07-2011
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 6,912
Re: How to enable a disabled iPod touch

Quote:
Originally Posted by kencho View Post
i forgot the password and my ipod is diabled.it says try again in 5381960min,so plez help me to enable my i pod.
Well, if you have forgotten your password on ipod and cannot enable it then the only way is to connect it to your computer and restore it. You have to restore it through iTunes and no harm will be done, you'll just have to re-sync all of your stuff, and re-jailbreak if you've done so already. Basically, your ipod will be like it was out of the box, no worries.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 31-01-2012
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1
Exclamation Re: How to enable a disabled iPod touch

hey guys... i know what you guys are sayin but its just that...like... it say ipod is disable. Connect to itunes. do i have to have appleID authentication on the specific computer for itunes to sense it? because it said- (my name) ipod is lock with a password, please enter password and enter it here. help plz!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 31-01-2012
Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 3,523
Re: How to enable a disabled iPod touch

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipodmainiac View Post
hey guys... i know what you guys are sayin but its just that...like... it say ipod is disable. Connect to itunes. do i have to have appleID authentication on the specific computer for itunes to sense it? because it said- (my name) ipod is lock with a password, please enter password and enter it here. help plz!
Have you tried placing the iPod in Recovery Mode as suggested? If you need instructions on how to do this, see similar kind of threads made in this forum here - Help to recover forgotten password of IPod 16GB
How can I recover lost files from ipod
How to force restore an ipod touch?
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 22-03-2012
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1
Re: How to enable a disabled iPod touch

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredyB View Post
My ipod touch is disabled, it says you need to connect It to Itunes , but it wont let me put in my pass code to unlock it when i get to itunes. It won't let me enter my passcode? Please help

dawit my ipod is disabled and it cant give me option to even enter my pascode
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 02-04-2012
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1
Re: How to enable a disabled iPod touch

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredyB View Post
My ipod touch is disabled, it says you need to connect It to Itunes , but it wont let me put in my pass code to unlock it when i get to itunes. It won't let me enter my passcode? Please help
The same thing happened to me except my iPod died w/out a passcode and when I charged it, it had a passcode and I tried too many incorrect passcodes and now I hafta do the same thing
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 30-04-2012
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2
Re: How to enable a disabled iPod touch

OMG HELP i need to go on my ipod its 32gb and i have forgot my password + its disabled will someone help me and when ever i go on itunes a message pops up saying " I TUNES COULD NOT CONNECT TO THE IPOD TOUCH BECAUSE IT IS LOCKED WITH A PASSWORD YOU MUST ENTER YOUR PASSOWRD ON THE IPOD BEFORE IT CAN BE USED WITH I TUNES " but my i pod is dissabled and i have forgot my password help please ..
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 30-04-2012
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 659
Re: How to enable a disabled iPod touch

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyjolly90 View Post
OMG HELP i need to go on my ipod its 32gb and i have forgot my password + its disabled will someone help me and when ever i go on itunes a message pops up saying " I TUNES COULD NOT CONNECT TO THE IPOD TOUCH BECAUSE IT IS LOCKED WITH A PASSWORD YOU MUST ENTER YOUR PASSOWRD ON THE IPOD BEFORE IT CAN BE USED WITH I TUNES " but my i pod is dissabled and i have forgot my password help please ..
Here i have the below two possible solution for you:
  • First simply Place the iPod in Recovery mode and after that just connect it to the computer and after that use iTunes for restoring the phone.
  • second is resetting the ipod by holding down the 'sleep/wake' button and 'home' button at the same time and then connect the ipod to the computer, once you get the Apple logo you will get the "Restore" option for updating the software & restore.
Just try out these possible solution and then let me know if they are helping or not.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 01-05-2012
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2
Re: How to enable a disabled iPod touch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kh@LnaYak View Post
Here i have the below two possible solution for you:
  • First simply Place the iPod in Recovery mode and after that just connect it to the computer and after that use iTunes for restoring the phone.
  • second is resetting the ipod by holding down the 'sleep/wake' button and 'home' button at the same time and then connect the ipod to the computer, once you get the Apple logo you will get the "Restore" option for updating the software & restore.
Just try out these possible solution and then let me know if they are helping or not.
can you tell me were the sleep and wake button is and when the like usb pic and ithunes oic comes up after about 5 minutes it says something like I TUNES COULD NOT CONNECT TO THE IPOD TOUCH BECAUSE IT IS LOCKED WITH A PASSWORD YOU MUST ENTER YOUR PASSOWRD ON THE IPOD BEFORE IT CAN BE USED WITH I TUNES " i have tried everything and i need my i pod for my dance contest and thats in 1 week next saturday please help i need my ipod thank you xx
Reply With Quote
Reply

  TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , , , ,



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads for: "How to enable a disabled iPod touch"
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Can I use the 1st gen iPod Touch power adapter to charge iPod Touch 4thgen? Gopal Shrivastav Portable Devices 1 22-02-2012 12:56 PM
iPod touch 4g is working slow as compared to iPod touch 1g Jassi Jaisi ? Portable Devices 4 30-10-2010 09:45 AM
Can i use 4th generation iPod Touch with the existing Tomtom car kit for iPod Touch Willi Portable Devices 3 29-10-2010 02:13 PM
How to enable hide folder in Ipod Touch TechPredator Portable Devices 4 24-06-2009 03:40 PM
New Belkin Cases for iPod nano, iPod classic, and iPod touch Jakub Portable Devices 1 11-09-2008 12:10 PM


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 08:38 AM.