Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

How to install Motorola Q exchange certificate

Portable Devices

Old 27-06-2009

How to install Motorola Q exchange certificate

I have purchased a second hand Motorola Q phone with Windows Mobile, now I want to install a certificate in order to Activesync with my Exchange server. I am getting error: "security permission was insufficient to update your device" I've done some Google searches and I even tried the trick mentioned to convert the certificate to XML, them convert it to a CAB file and install on the phone through the cab, didn't like that either.

Old 27-06-2009

Re: How to install Motorola Q exchange certificate

You need to download the certificate from your Exchange admin. First go to Microsoft and download the "Add Root Certificate Utility for Verizon SmartPhone". The exe is "VZW_SpAddCert.exe"

Go to Microsoft and download the "Add Root Certificate Utility for Verizon SmartPhone"

Click the Download button on this page to start the download.
Do one of the following:
  • To start the installation immediately, click Open or Run this program from its current location.
  • To copy the download to your computer for installation at a later time, click Save or Save this program to disk.

System Requirements
Supported Operating Systems: Windows Mobile 2003 software for Smartphone
Windows Mobile 2002 Smartphone
Windows Mobile 2003 Smartphone
Old 27-06-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan.d View Post
You need to download the certificate from your Exchange admin. First go to Microsoft and download the "Add Root Certificate Utility for Verizon SmartPhone". The exe is "VZW_SpAddCert.exe"

Go to Microsoft and download the "Add Root Certificate Utility for Verizon SmartPhone"

Click the Download button on this page to start the download.
Do one of the following:
  • To start the installation immediately, click Open or Run this program from its current location.
  • To copy the download to your computer for installation at a later time, click Save or Save this program to disk.

System Requirements
Supported Operating Systems: Windows Mobile 2003 software for Smartphone
Windows Mobile 2002 Smartphone
Windows Mobile 2003 Smartphone
I have download the file but I don't understand how to make it work.
Old 27-06-2009

To install install Motorola Q exchange certificate, connect your phone with computer. Then on your Motorola Q mobile phone, go to Select Start -> File Manager - run "VZW_SpAddCert.exe", Select the certificate that you put in the storage folder, View the certificate detail and click Ok. then go to Confirmation page and click Ok. When it says "Certificate added successfully, restart your phone.
Old 27-06-2009

To adding certificate to WM5 Smartphone do the following:

Change the value of following registry entry on the device:
  1. HKLM\Security\Policies\Policies\00001017
  2. from 128 to 144.
  3. Restart the device.
  4. Export the desired certificate as a binary encoded (DER) certificate (.cer).
  5. Copy the .cer file to the device.
  6. Open the .cer file on the device via file explorer.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , , , ,