Thread: Toshiba satellite u205 cooling system issue

Toshiba satellite u205 cooling system issue

I am having Toshiba satellite u205 with me and i am facing an issue with it from few days my laptop gets switch off automatically without any message. I had asked my friends about the issue but he was also not able to solve this issue he says me there would be some Cooling system problem with my laptop can anyone provide me some information about the same.

Toshiba laptop suddenly shuts down by itself without warning

Normally if you are facing anyone of this issues then your laptop is being getted overheated.

• Is your bottom of your keyboard is very hot when the laptop is working.
    • Is your CPU fans are working at all time maximum speed and creates louder than before.
    • Is your laptop gets shut downs after some interval of 10-20 minutes or more.
    • Is your laptop works fine when it runs idle, but shuts down as soon as you start which utilizes maximum memory.

If you are having any one of the issue then i would suggest you to directly send it to Toshiba for repairing.

Toshiba satellite u205 cooling system issue

Thanks for replying me with the above cases i came to know that my laptop is having overheating issue the problem is that i cannot send it to Toshiba for repair because it's not in warranty period is there any method or steps which i can do it by myself that would be great for me.

Toshiba satellite u205 fix cooling system

I will tell you all the steps what you need to follow but any things happen don't blame me or give it to any technicians who know how to do it and following are the steps for the same.
    • Carefully disconnect the fan cables on the system board and remove the fan. If the fan makes more sound when it spins, then i would suggest you to replace the fan.
    • Clean the fan and the heatsink with compressed air.
    • If possible i would suggest you to remove your old thermal grease from the CPU and applying new grease for better heat conductivity.