Thread: How to enable hide folder in Ipod Touch

How to enable hide folder in Ipod Touch

I have hide some files on my newly purchased iPod, then later after showing photos to my colleagues i tried to disable the hidden file option, but not getting an option at the same location, how do i disable it, and while hiding file i still had a problem so please tell me both the procedure how do I achieve that, How can I hide files? I have this .DS_Store file everywhere, and I'm tired of seeing it. Is it a hidden file that is un-hidden by mistake?

Re: How to enable hide folder in Ipod Touch

I found out if you type defaults write com.Apple.Finder AppleShowAllFiles NO in Terminal, that works. Open your control panel and click on "apperance and themes". There should be a tab to the left saying "file types", click that. Then under a heading "show hidden files" there is a radio button that you can click to enable the use of seeing those hidden files. Now you can return to your iPod. Now there should be a light tan, half invisible folder named "music" with files inside called "f00" "f01" etc. These are all of your media files! Now you can backup your iPod on your computer, some body else's computer, or whatever you want! Have fun. If I miss named something, somebody can correct me. I'm doing this from my phone and from memory.

Do you do a daily back-up of your files? If so, what you're after are the iTunes library files "iTunes Library.itl" and "iTunes Music Library.xml". These are normally in your ..My Music/iTunes folder. These are the files you used when you tried the first method, from the DVD. Guess the KB didn't really tell you how to get to those, from the Finder. You should find a System folder on the DVD. Open it, then open Installation, then Packages. right (ctrl) click on the file "OSInstall.mpkg" and select "Show Package Contents"

How to take backup of my itune-directory

Thanks for your Reply, But can anyone please suggest me how to take backup of my itune-directory, it would be necessary to save all of my data, from any loss or damage.

You need to find out iTunes folder (within My Music) are the following files:
    • Temp File
    • iTunes Music Library (XML Document)
    • iTunes Library (iTunes music database file)
    • iT.tmp (TMP file)

and then a folder that contains my iTunes purchased music and videos

I am hoping it can be found in here, but seems not because there is no back-up file.