Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 24-06-2009

Does AMD's come up with any answer to Intel i7

Does AMD has come up with an answer to Intel i7? I have been hanging around since Intel has launched i7 and it was rather exciting to witness the competition AMD has offered. however, things started to wea off with the intel Core, and it seems that i7 is really quite a contender..Any one has any comment on this...
Old 24-06-2009

Re: Does AMD's come up with any answer to Intle i7.

Fortunately (to Intel anyway), there's no counter from AMD to its Intel Core i7 family of processors. Intel provided information about its next-generation micro-architecture (Nehalem) with the Core i7 processors. AMD has the Deneb and Shanghai processors coming out but I wouldn't expect them to beat the I7s.
Old 24-06-2009

Re: Does AMD's come up with any answer to Intle i7.

I don't see AMD competing in the high end for a long time to come. It had to cover the entire Intel range, from notebooks to servers. But in practice, it was practically the same chip in each case; the only place for variation was in the L2 cache memory. Whats worse, whatever bottlenecks Intel had with C2D in multi-socket servers will be a thing of the past with i7, so the performance advantage AMD currently has in that market will soon be at an end as well.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , , ,