Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 20-06-2009
Members

What is a PUK code on a cell phone

Hello friends,

I am having Nokia mobile phone with me and it's asking me to enter PUK code before going ahead. I don't have any idea about it. I have never ever got such kind of thing on my phone. Can anyone tell me what does PUK codes stands for and what it's meaning.
Old 20-06-2009

It's not the PUK code that has locked your phone, it's the PIN on your SIM card, that's has locked your mobile phone. Whenever you make unsuccessful PIN code entries you phone will ask for PUK code (8-10 digits, I think) which was written on the same little piece of paper that came with the SIM as the original PIN code of your SIM card was. You may need to identify yourself and prove that you are the owner of that particular SIM card. Note that if you enter the PUK code incorrectly three times in a row, the SIM card will be locked forever and cannot be unlocked.
Old 20-06-2009

Pincode stands for PERSONEL IDENTIFICATION NUMBER. It is normally four digit number which is used to lock the phone. The phone will ask for the code when you switch on it. PUK code (PERSONAL UNLOCK KEY)is used to unlock the sim card if it is blocked.PUK code is provided by the network operators.If the PUK code is entered 10 times wrongly the sim card gets permanently blocked.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , ,