Thread: htpc with direct tv 2009

htpc with direct tv 2009

I am having a direct tv having connect DVR on one receiver out of 4. I have another HTPC build which i want o connect to direct tv, i don't know weather it is possible or not. Actually i wanted it to connect for recording my channel which i can do if i get the TV tuner card. Can anyone tel me how is it possible????

Re: htpc with direct tv 2009

Adding satellite to a recording HTPC isn 't quite as easy as with basic cable, because there is no additional paper that sports a tuner for DirecTV. The only tuners for DirecTV are the boxes of regular-top that satellite subscribers are familiar with. By adding a tuner 125 of the grooves to a TV HTPC only record programs from a terrestrial antenna or basic cable.

What you must do are a video prerecording apparatus, both stand-alone or in of the ATI All-in-Wonder-kaarten, and connect these on your existing DirecTV satellite box. You could find software for checking the DirecTV profession by means of IR-blaster, which your connection as from the back of the HTPC to the front of your satellite box.

Re: htpc with direct tv 2009

YOU must a satellite recipient. There are no satellite play cards for computers. ONLY HDTV have recipients HDMI-connection. Unless you HDTV-receiver and the use of HDMI-output are, your picture not well. Standard definition satellite actual 480x600 video is. When you by means of a pipe higher res posting. The television processor has to fill in of the gaps. Since the forward error correction on the satellite has been this way low there already differences in the reproduction of data have been. On a normal television is sees good, but each other SD satellite on HDTV set with only S-Video, composite video, or still more terrible video modulated and finish you with much lower total examine experience. The picture is very fuzzy along hard contrast changes and many images can look at plants from.