Thread: Need Canon EOS Digital Rebel XTI USB Drivers

Need Canon EOS Digital Rebel XTI USB Drivers

Hello , I have these Canon EOS Digital Rebel XTI Camera ,I have the lost the Cd and after formatting my pc , i cannot install it as it cannot detect my camera , please help, i also windows vista disk i am thinking of installing , will it be able to detect it , Thanks in advance

Re: Need Canon EOS Digital Rebel XTI USB Drivers

Canon digital cameras (both SLR and compact types) are designed for use with most major computer operating systems such as Windows 98 Second Edition, Windows ME, Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista (including x64), and Mac OS 10.1 and up.

Windows Vista requires ZoomBrowser version 5.8 and later to install. If you camera shipped with a solutions disc that has an earlier version of the software than ZoomBrowser 5.8 please click the download link for up to date software options. For Windows XP update options are also available for the most recent software versions.

Many of the less common operating systems such as the various distributions of Linux as well as operating systems like UNIX, FreeBSD, Windows Server 2003, and BeOS directly support communication via the PTP (Picture Transfer Protocol). Most Canon digital cameras support PTP and will allow direct communication using applications built into the operating system. For older and/or non PTP compatible operating systems such as earlier Macintosh operating systems (System 7, OS8 or OS9), Windows 95, Windows 98 version 1998 or Amiga you may be able to copy the image files onto your computer by removing the memory card from the camera and inserting the card into a memory card reader that is compatible with your operating system and then opening those images in your choice of image editing/viewing applications.

Canon has completed initial testing of PowerShot and EOS Digital SLR cameras and has found that all camera models that support PTP (Picture Transfer Protocol) may be used with Windows Vista as is. No additional drivers are needed to download images using the applications built into Windows Vista. For remote shooting or custom camera settings, additional drivers and/or software may be required

Hello , i have check the canon site and there are No drivers are available for this your operating system , This operating system may not require a driver or, in the case of older operating systems, may no longer be supported.