Thread: How to reync ipodtouch without deleting everything from it

How to reync ipodtouch without deleting everything from it

Recently got a new hard drive, which had deleted my itunes to where my ipod touch was synced to. After that i had tried to re-download itunes with my new hard drive, but now the problem is itunes in which my ipod was synced has gone and i can't resync it. If i try it with the new itunes b/c it will delete everything from my ipod. So, i would like to know that how to reync ipodtouch without deleting everything from it? isd it possible for me to do so? Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Re: How to reync ipodtouch without deleting everything from it

If you transfer all of your songs to the other computer then you will be able to upgrade without deleting your songs. You do need to do that through itunes, and then after that is done, you just re-sync your ipod with your computers itunes to finish the job.

I believe you can do this with a right-click on the iPod and select "Transfer all purchases". This will copy all your purchases from the iPod onto the computer so you can safely sync without losing anything. First, your iPod must be enabled as a disk use. To do this, open iTunes and connect your iPod. Click on it on the left under "Devices". Check "Enable Disk Use".

If you transfer all of your songs to the other computer then you will be able to upgrade without deleting your songs. You can't do it with iTunes but there are may other programs that will copy from the ipod to your PC. Try Resetting All Settings. Go to: Settings --> General --> Reset --> Reset All Settings.