Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 11-06-2009

Sony Vaio consistent beeping on startup

From last three years i'm using Sony Vaio, on which i had installed Windows Xp as my operating system. From last few days whenever i try to turn on, it gives out continues beep sound. Sometimes the computer boot up in a normal way wiyh out giving any kind of beep noise, but other times it keeps on giving beeping sound. In order to get rid of that beeping sound i have to turn oof my system. Can any body tell me that how can i stop Sony Vaio beeps sound at on startup? Does any body knows about thsi issue? Kindly provide me the solution to resolve the above issue.
Old 11-06-2009

Re: Sony Vaio consistent beeping on startup

It nothing bot your BIOS giving out the beep error code, which usually come out from the onboard speaker. A continuous beep linked with a slow down your computer, which indicate that your cpu is overheating. For that you need to get air in order to blow out the dust from your computer.
Old 11-06-2009

For that you need to follow the below steps mention.

1) You need to remove the cmos battery in order to reset the BIOS.
2. Then you need to replace the power supply.

Hope so it may help you out to resolve the above issue.
Old 11-06-2009

I think the best solution for the above issue would be, is to take your Sony Vaio to your manufacturer, he might be able to resolve your issue. If there is any kind of problem with your Sony Vaio, then he might be defintely able to sort out your problem.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , , ,