Thread: Sony cybershot w80 digital camera

Sony cybershot w80 digital camera

Recreate the moment with the incredibly lifelike pictures you'll take with the silver DSC-W80 7.2 megapixel Cyber-shot digital camera. Your friends will be impressed with its combination of high fashion and advanced performance. With features like Face Detection to bring out the most natural tones in faces and HD output for presentation, sharing pictures becomes an experience to remember. The convenient in-camera retouching and red-eye reduction expands your creativity while the double anti-blur solution allows low-light shooting without flash. And the Carl Zeiss 3X optical zoom lens lets you view the action very closely through the large 2.52 LCD screen. The Cyber-shot DSC-W80 is available in four stylish colors including silver, black, white and pink.

More megapixels give you more detail and definition when you make big prints or crop in tight on your subject. The advanced Sony Super HAD (Hole Accumulated Diode) CCD design allows more light to pass to each pixel, increasing sensitivity and reducing noise. A top-quality Carl Zeiss 3X Optical zoom lens design helps the DSC-W80 bring distant subjects closer and lets you frame shots quickly for better composition -- a real advantage for family sports, outdoor fun and travel photos.
    Face Detection

By automatically controlling focus, exposure, color and flash, this new Sony feature reveals faces in shadow, makes skin tones look more natural and eliminates harsh facial glare -- to help bring out every expression on every face in every shot, so you’ll capture the personalities and emotions that make memories come alive.

Re: Sony cybershot w80 digital camera

The high-definition viewing experience that makes photos come alive on HDTV screens, accompanied by your choice of visual effects and any of four preset musical selections stored in memory or your favorite MP3 tunes downloaded from PC to your camera for use as background music. Because an off-center subject can make your shot more interesting, the DSC-W80 can measure auto-focus precision at 9 points on your screen -- giving you greater creative freedom to compose your image.Powered by the exclusive Sony Bionz high-speed processing engine, D-Range Optimization preserves image data in bright highlights and reveals more detail in shadows or backlit areas -- for great results even in difficult lighting conditions.

The DSC-W80 lets you add creative effects to photos after you shoot -- including soft edge filter to soften backgrounds, cross filter to place starry “dazzles” at highlight points, partial color filter to mute surrounding colors, even fish-eye filter to create interesting fish-eye lens effects. DSC-W80 provides in-camera correction at the touch of a button to reduce lingering red-eye effect that other systems might miss. Large 2.5”2 LCD Screen , The DSC-W80 provides a large, bright LCD screen for composing shots, checking results, sharing your photos on location -- and an optical viewfinder allows shooting in traditional rangefinder camera style.

A built-in slot accepts optional Memory Stick Duo media or Memory Stick PRO Duo media -- the compact, high-capacity storage media that make it easily to upload photos to your computer or make lab-quality prints at home on your Sony Picture Station digital printer (sold separately). The Sony Smart Zoom feature intelligently “crops into” the central portion of interest in your photo, avoiding the image degradation of other digital zooms. Sony cybershot w80 Captures VGA (640 x 480) audio/video clips at high frame rate (up to 30 frames per second5), with length limited only by the capacity of your media. The DSC-W80 provides up to 340 shots3 with a fully charged NP-BG1 Lithium Ion battery -- enough shooting capacity to cover a long weekend or a whole vacation.

Sony cybershot dsc-w80 digital camera

Sony cybershot dsc-w80 digital camera specification
    • Resolution : 7.2 megapixels
    • Color Support Color : Optical Sensor Type Super HAD CCD
    • Total Pixels 7,400,000 pixels Effective Sensor Resolution 7,200,000 pixels
    • Optical Sensor Size 1/2.5 in
    • Light Sensitivity : ISO 100, ISO 200, ISO 400, ISO 800, ISO 1600, ISO 3200, ISO auto
    • Digital Zoom 2 x
    • Shooting Modes Frame movie mode
    • Shooting Programs Snow, Beach, Landscape, Soft snap, Twilight mode, High sensitivity, Twilight portrait
    • Special Effects Sepia, Vivid, Neutral, Black & White
    • Image Stabilizer Optical (Super Steady Shot)
    • Image stabilizer feature Optical stabilization helps prevent blurry pictures, especially for handheld cameras at slow shutter speeds or when using high optical zoom. This camera utilizes built-in Super SteadyShot stabilization to assist in taking sharper pictures.
    • Max Shutter Speed 1/1600 sec
    • Min Shutter Speed 1 sec
    • Exposure Metering Spot, Multi-segment, Center-weighted
    • Exposure Modes Program, Automatic
    • Exposure Compensation ?2 EV range, in 1/3 EV steps
    • Auto Exposure Bracketing 3 steps
    • Face Detection Yes
    • White Balance Presets, Automatic
    • White Balance Presets Flash, Cloudy, Daylight, Incandescent, Fluorescent light (daylight), Fluorescent light (cool white), Fluorescent light (warm white)

sony dsc w80 auto orientation problem

is there any person who has been through this problem about auto orientation of pics in sony dsc w80?
    whenever i take a pic, whether its landscape or portraite, when i go to the view pictures mode i see all the pictures turned 90 degree anti clockwise. similarly when i start the slide show the pics are turned by 90 degree clockwise.
    i dont know why it has happened. can anyone please help me?

Re: sony dsc w80 auto orientation problem

Quote Originally Posted by RehanJamil View Post
    is there any person who has been through this problem about auto orientation of pics in sony dsc w80?
    whenever i take a pic, whether its landscape or portraite, when i go to the view pictures mode i see all the pictures turned 90 degree anti clockwise. similarly when i start the slide show the pics are turned by 90 degree clockwise.
    i dont know why it has happened. can anyone please help me?
    Digital Cameras with orientation sensors allow auto-rotation of portrait images. Unfortunately, support for this feature is not widespread or consistently applied. While your digital camera may include an option to "auto-rotate images" due to the camera's orientation, this is almost always just a "virtual rotation". A flag is set to indicate to the viewing software / LCD preview which way to rotate the image before display, rather than rotating the image content itself.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's