Thread: How to set up PSP for internet

How to set up PSP for internet

I had bought Sony PSP few days back. It really the best for playing games as per me. Rather than playing i want to surf internet as well on this PSP. Could you guys please make me know the steps to set up the PSP for internet browsing?

Step by step process will be great for me. Thanks in advance.

Re: How to set up PSP for internet

Setting up the PSP for the internet takes a few simple steps. It has the ability to access various wireless networks, be they from routers or other PSPs for multiplayer.You can also use that wireless connection to access the Internet via the PSP's built in web browser, so your PSP quickly becomes not just a great gaming platform, but also an entire multimedia platform. To setup the PSP on internet, first of all you must have a wireless network available and I highly suggest disabling the security encryption (WEP) on the wireless router for your first initial set up since the PSP seems to have problems reading the key.

Here is the step by step process:-

• Select Settings from the main menu of the PSP and than select Network Settings and than select Infrastructure Mode and hit the “X” button.

• Now go to the option 'New Connection' and type in the connection name.

• Now select Scan.Here you are in the WLAN Settings, you have a number of different options. The PSP will detects the networks in range. Select the one you wish to use.

• Select the Security Setting that the connection is using and press “X”. If you picked one the is password protected enter the password.

• For Address Settings, you can usually go with Easy.Once selected press Right.

• After it provides the screen with an overview of your settings, select Test Connection.

• Save the settings by pressing X button and you are done.

Remember that many wireless networks are encrypted these days to keep them secure from computer hackers and you'll need to enter a special code into your PSP in order to connect to it. After the set up process completed if you return to the main home screen you can update your PSP's software by going to Settings and selecting Network Update.Find internet browser icon and click to open browser. If you get a blank page, click on the triangle button to open the browser menu.

By setting up your PSP's Internet, you can access the web, check your e-mail, and play multiplayer games. You can go to the Network section on the far right of the home screen to browse the internet using the PSP's in-built internet browser.