Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 05-06-2009

Panasonic viera link not working

Hi folks,

I have the following devices:
- Panasonic TH42-PZ85EA (TV with Viera Link)
- Onkyo TX605 (AV Receiver with HDMI 1.3a + RIHD)
- Receiver TechnoTrend C320 HDMI (does not support CEC protocol)

Since Onkyo and Panasonic regarding CEC (Customer Electronic Control) with Viera Link and RIHD work together, for example, it should work on the TV remote control the volume on the Onkyo loud or quietly to make.
The whole works wonderfully if I have the TV with HDMI Onkyo connect, so in this configuration:

Onkyo (HDMI out) -> (HDMI in) Panasonic

As I said, everything works wonderfully!

Now I have the above receiver TechnoTrend. This is with HDMI Ver. 1.1. The entire configuration is now divided into the following via HDMI:
Technotrend Receiver (HDMI out) -> (HDMI in) Onkyo (HDMI out) -> (HDMI in) Panasonic

The moment where I was the techno trend with the HDMI will work to control the volume (and everything else as autmom. ON or OFF the Onkyo) no more! It is as if the TechnoTrend control signals between Pana and Onkyo distort or swallow, so they are no longer evaluated!
When I use the TechnoTrend deduct from the HDMI, the Viera Link function again!

I have already tried other HDMI cable, no success.

Also, I have turned to technology trend, the guys have a short and concise written: problem is not known, we can not help them ... Thank you very much!

Do you have an idea why this no longer, and you have perhaps a solution?
Old 05-06-2009

Re: Panasonic viera link not working

I also had the same problem.

I have Panasonic TH-NEN 42PZ85E and Home cinema system from Panasonic SA-PTX7 connected via HDMI.

Once I get my satellite receiver via HDMI with the Pana will connect, Viera link works no more.

The On-Off and volume regulation do not work more ...

However, I Disconnect the connection from the receiver to Panasonic, then Viera Link works flawlessly!
Old 05-06-2009

Re: Panasonic viera link not working

Closes the satellite via component YUV output (RCA) to the TV and the sound via optical output to the AV receiver. The problem is caused by the satellite receiver, because none of these "cucumbers company" until now was in a position, an HDMI 1.3 interface to implement. Only since version 1.2a, the CEC protocol.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , , ,